[Error] Mazda & Vezel Thread

Poortraveller

Turbocharged

It is my opinion that your contribution to this thread has reached the point of redundant. Go take a walk.

I salute you for doing your moderator job well, seriously well. :)

Edited by cashcow
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Was at the car show last weekend and was told by the sales person there that the new HR-V is a DOHC which stock will arrive in second half of 2016...not sure if his smoking me...

Just to add...he also mentioned this new HR-V is made in Japan and exported out as HR-V while the JDM ones are called Vezel.

According to him, all specs similar to Vezel except that it comes with a factory fitted HU, leather seats and reverse camera...

Lets hope that he is true, but don't pin too much hope that it will be from japan since Hong Kong is also getting Thai vezel despite they are nearer to japan.

http://www.honda.com.hk/index.php/en/models/vezel-2016

I suspect that KM is sucked up in their contractual and territorial arrangements with Honda Japan which limits KM as local AD the freedom to do Product Branding or even direct importing from Japan.

Actually they can open a subsidiary company selling PI honda cars to get more customers just like Tan chong is doing now under T8 gallery selling PI nissan cars.

This needs confirmation...

Edit :I just called Kah. It is true. Tentatively Ex 110k Lx 114k. Coming September, and they start taking orders.

SE texted me is DX and LX leh.

HRV from Japan.

Price is same what you mentioned thou.

Add on : if refer to HK website, EX is premium over LX. So EX cannot be cheaper than LX?

Edited by Ara

SE texted me is DX and LX leh.

HRV from Japan.

Price is same what you mentioned thou.

Add on : if refer to HK website, EX is premium over LX. So EX cannot be cheaper than LX?

Yah i prob got the letters wrong but you get the idea.:-) basically 2 versions.

Yah i prob got the letters wrong but you get the idea.:-) basically 2 versions.

Yeah like other Bros said, No confirmation of model specs, Difficult to decide and place order.

Until we see the real car.

Waiting for the water to drop and the rock to show..

Then we will know for sure if the new model from Kah is Jap and the same one as the PI Vezel..

Otherwise the Civic is quite competitive in price, and for those who like the look and the sedan type of car, it's a good buy.

Waiting for the water to drop and the rock to show..

Then we will know for sure if the new model from Kah is Jap and the same one as the PI Vezel..

Otherwise the Civic is quite competitive in price, and for those who like the look and the sedan type of car, it's a good buy.

I still prefer to wait and see. For example, the current jazz is also from japan but specs are different from fit.

Vezel killer? By the time this car reach out shore, vezel already reach facelift or maybe new generation already...too late into the game.... Hehehhe

Looks like feel very cramp and claustrophobic...

Window so small....

Since our cars are De-registered cars, Honda Japan would not provide the free recall parts.

there has been finger pointing between direct importer and dealer on who to bear this cost.

Its a substantial amount.

This is just an example

Over a period of 1 yr, lets say they sells 100 units. Some PI sells way way more than this.

They take the profit on that sale and used it or spend it etc.

Now recall say all in parts/shipping and installation cost $1K per unit.

Thats a whopping $100K.

Not a small chunk of change.

I bet a lot of us will be screwed.

The only thing we can do is to keep lobbying with LTA.

There are about 4K+ Vezel in Singapore.

So please do take your PI advise with a pinch of salt. No sorry with a PAIL of salt.

Until they walk the talk we cant be sure.

As i have repeatedly said in previous post (not going to post again) the recall link from Honda site should be your reference.

follow the production date range and its listed chassis number.

Now i suspect PI will markup the recall cost to unsuspecting new buyer for all those on LTA VITAS KIV list.

SG only 4K vezel meh.. looks like 40K to me. Hahahahaha

Still on this topic of recall?

Why worry, if that is the case than all resales car should be out of business. Resale car also can be recall.

LTA won't permit car that can catch fire easily to be on the road lah. I said again. Off the stop/start and drive within the speed limites. Everything will be fine. Stress up over recall might well sell away your Vezel. Peace of mind. Hahaha

People worry becos a car cost 100k in SG, and afraid no recall no fix 1 day they do really catches fire who suffer???

Turbocharged

SG only 4K vezel meh.. looks like 40K to me. Hahahahaha

People worry becos a car cost 100k in SG, and afraid no recall no fix 1 day they do really catches fire who suffer???

If really worry, f the warranty ,,, get the part directly from Japan and get a workshop to change.... The most few Ks only ....don't think it's rocket science component no one know how to change... Edited by Blackyv

Again I suspect KM may have asked Honda Japan for permission and this re-branding from HRV to "Vezel" is a commercial compromise. Vezel being a more popular namesake, so that for those unsophisticated buyer, they gravitate to KM showrooms. Just a silly warped idea, probably nothing more.

Think too much la... jap are very proud people, wont allow such tactic. It could be an strategy like civic is call civic all over the world although different spec..

Of coz, some might argue even mit cheat on fc now.. hahaha

If really worry, f the warranty ,,, get the part directly from Japan and get a workshop to change.... The most few Ks only ....don't think it's rocket science component no one know how to change...

We are singaporean laa

Buy a car wallet pain

Got recall head pain

PI play taiji - suck thumb

Use own money fix warranty parts - feels stupid

Dont fix - cant sleep well at night

Really catches fire - heart pain

Will AW service when catches fire? Nobody can gaurantee

claim insurance? They standby document ready say the car is already fautly when imported and they dont cover it

So end up what singaporean do best.. complain lor

Hahaha

Its a joke btw, dont flame me pls

• Praise 3

Quote from LTA website http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/maintain_vehicle/electronic_vehicle.html :

"Vehicle recall is a process initiated by the vehicle manufacturer to recall their vehicles with components that have been found to be defective for rectification, or to make improvements.

Since March 2003, motor dealers/importers are required to notify LTA and owners of the affected vehicles imported or sold by them, of any vehicle recall initiated by the vehicle manufacturers. They are also required to make arrangements for the required rectification works to be performed on the affected vehicles.
"

The PIs are supposed to inform LTA and the affected owners especially if you just bought the ride from them.

Although rare or some saying pre owned Vezel ads are fake to lure cust, I did stumble across a few genuine pre owned Vezel for sale during the recent car show @ expo..

Qns is, is there anything particular to look out for in a pre owned car? Common faults or areas to specifically look out for you've experienced as an owner?

It's still a wonder tho on why wld a person sell off a car that's abt 6mths with mere 5-6k km mileage..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1