[Error] Mazda & Vezel Thread

Poortraveller

Neutral Newbie

Quote from LTA website http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/maintain_vehicle/electronic_vehicle.html :

"Vehicle recall is a process initiated by the vehicle manufacturer to recall their vehicles with components that have been found to be defective for rectification, or to make improvements.

Since March 2003, motor dealers/importers are required to notify LTA and owners of the affected vehicles imported or sold by them, of any vehicle recall initiated by the vehicle manufacturers. They are also required to make arrangements for the required rectification works to be performed on the affected vehicles."

The PIs are supposed to inform LTA and the affected owners especially if you just bought the ride from them.

Precisely the point but all PIs are using the excuse that they have to wait for LTA to inform them first. They are merely using delay tactics until everybody forget about it. And what can we do as a 'lemon' customer now just pray the fault do not occur to your car.

So autolink customer, did any of you receive the recall fixture letters already?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Although rare or some saying pre owned Vezel ads are fake to lure cust, I did stumble across a few genuine pre owned Vezel for sale during the recent car show @ expo..

Qns is, is there anything particular to look out for in a pre owned car? Common faults or areas to specifically look out for you've experienced as an owner?

It's still a wonder tho on why wld a person sell off a car that's abt 6mths with mere 5-6k km mileage.. ð

How do you classified this few as genuine?

Why not ask them why the owner sell the 6month old car with this mileage?

• Praise 2

Honda is 2nd most popular brand in Singapore, largely due to Vezel. 

Article from Business Times. From January to March 2016, Toyota led with a total of 4,165 registrations, according to the Land Transport Authority. This figure includes both official and parallel imports. But behind the world's biggest carmaker, Honda is a very close second with 4,012 or a difference of just 153 units.

Honda's strength is solely due to the popularity of the Vezel sub-compact SUV, which is a Japan domestic model offered only by parallel importers (PIs). Authorised Honda distributor Kah Motor sells the export version called the HR-V. With the year-to-date tally for the PIs' collective registrations of Vezel at a massive 2,344, the Honda crossover is actually Singapore's most popular model.

But among authorised distributors, the Toyota Corolla Altis remains numero uno with 1,380 units registered by authorised Toyota distributor Borneo Motors Singapore.

Edited by Stooky
  • Praise 2

Has anyone received follow up Action for the recall? My PI reply was tat they are waiting for LTA to send letter to identify the affected owners

He is BS-ing to u...

Think about it this way

The chasis no has been published. They should know how many of their car sold are affected, why still need to wait for LTA leh?

So wait for LTA take action then they do? Or they are just directing your call to LTA so that you wiill complain LTA..

Or wait for you to forget

• Praise 1

Although rare or some saying pre owned Vezel ads are fake to lure cust, I did stumble across a few genuine pre owned Vezel for sale during the recent car show @ expo..

Qns is, is there anything particular to look out for in a pre owned car? Common faults or areas to specifically look out for you've experienced as an owner?

It's still a wonder tho on why wld a person sell off a car that's abt 6mths with mere 5-6k km mileage..

Edited by JX83
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Lets hope that he is true, but don't pin too much hope that it will be from japan since Hong Kong is also getting Thai vezel despite they are nearer to japan.

http://www.honda.com.hk/index.php/en/models/vezel-2016

Thought Hong Kong Vezel is from motherland China?? There's a Honda factory right up at Guangzhou. Why bother buying from another country??

China has a huge automotive production line churning out thousands of vehicles everyday for their domestic market from Toyota, Honda, BMW, Volkswagen, Mercedes,

• Praise 1

Thought Hong Kong Vezel is from motherland China?? There's a Honda factory right up at Guangzhou. Why bother buying from another country??

China has a huge automotive production line churning out thousands of vehicles everyday for their domestic market from Toyota, Honda, BMW, Volkswagen, Mercedes,

They take from Thailand-

>http://www.caranddriver.com.hk/test_drives/new_car/HondaVezel ("來港的Vezel由本田位於泰國的生產線供來港的Vezel由本田位於泰國的生產線供)"

Different handed drive is likely the reason why Guangqi Honda doesn't supply HK "Vezel"s..

• Praise 2

China dont make RHD vehicles ley...

And seriously, do you honestly think Honkies love China made products that much? Majority are anti China these days... They would prefer Jap or even SE Asian made products anytime.

• Praise 1

Hong Kong is following the Commonwealth Standard - Right-Hand Drive.

China is following the Communist Standard  - Left-Hand Drive

Neutral Newbie

Hi All,

I got my Blue Vezel X on last week after waiting close to 4 months. The PI gave me front+back video cameras, Pioneer DVD+GPS system, Guaranteed 1 bid no topup needed. 

My 3 years/100k km warranty + free servicing for 4x with Hitachi Capital (3 workshops island wide) seems better than local workshops.

Cheers

How do you classified this few as genuine?

Why not ask them why the owner sell the 6month old car with this mileage?

Genuine as in the car is physically there unlike those used ads in sgcarmart, I did ask the qns abt why wld the owner sell, vague answers lah ppl use car not happy then change or feel they need smt bigger etc.. If I cld get hold of the owner himself, these qns wld the arise I suppose.. Edited by Aswat

Neutral Newbie

I am one of those who will sell my Vezel after 6 months! I mentioned some months back I was looking to sell after I confirmed the car, then realised LTA has rule to hold car minimum 6 months. So hopefully when September comes around and I want to sell, you wouldn't think I'm not genuine! :) Just hoping COE still holding strong then, and value wouldn't drop too much. Otherwise, my holding period may have to be even longer. Reason being I want to switch to another car  model.

If anyone interested to take over my car in September, PM me!

Attended the Mazda movie nite in Lido last night - Captain America: Civil War. Really surprised with such a huge turnout. Mazda actually booked the whole Theatre 1 that can seat about 260 people.

Really appreciate this little gesture that Mazda has heart to look after its customers, or those who have fast hands and legs haha.  [laugh]

Compare to my previous ADs like Nissan and Kia And VW, Mazda seems to be more pro-active in organizing events like movie screening and road trips for its customers. Really help to build up brand loyalty.

I am one of those who will sell my Vezel after 6 months! I mentioned some months back I was looking to sell after I confirmed the car, then realised LTA has rule to hold car minimum 6 months. So hopefully when September comes around and I want to sell, you wouldn't think I'm not genuine! :) Just hoping COE still holding strong then, and value wouldn't drop too much. Otherwise, my holding period may have to be even longer. Reason being I want to switch to another car model.

If anyone interested to take over my car in September, PM me!

Besides changing model, any other reason why u want to sell?
↡ Advertisement