[Error] Mazda & Vezel Thread

Poortraveller

Tried my bro in law's Hybrid Z yesterday.

Felt the car doors are heavier and closes with a nice thud, unlike my petrol X.

Moving off from stop, it was really quiet (running on battery).

While on the move, accelerating seems a little retarded like turbo lag but when the power kicks in,  :wub:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

While on the move, accelerating seems a little retarded like turbo lag but when the power kicks in,  :wub:

Since you have compared both, is the hybrid a lot better at merging with traffic, or performing uphill?

Thanks

Since you have compared both, is the hybrid a lot better at merging with traffic, or performing uphill?

Thanks

Do you mean over taking or merging lanes? 

Did a slight upslope on the hybrid. With a heavier foot, it's a breeze. 

I still say subjective, depending on the car's load and if you've built momentum before u chiong up. Comparing a 130 vs 150 hp, of course the latter will perform better  [flowerface]

Sorry to keeping asking bro..

I await the HRV so I can test drive for myself.

I have a FD but I usually drive like an aunty... love the versatility the HRV provides, but I am worried about the lack of power in critical situations.. cheers

Neutral Newbie

I have a FD but I usually drive like an aunty... love the versatility the HRV provides, but I am worried about the lack of power in critical situations.. cheers

Switch off the Econ mode on the hybrid for better power. If that is not enough, there's the Sport mode and paddle shifters that will bring you from 0-100 kmh in 8.5s.

Neutral Newbie

bro, from PI. it is one of my most pleasant purchase. such a smooth process, efficient and prompt. I went to 2 PIs to check out the vezel. the other one tried to 'kah' me, price high and stinge on the freebies. it was a recommendation for this SE i got my baby from. I will recommend him to anyone for his good service . [thumbsup]

Bro, can pm me ya SE? Tks.

Switch off the Econ mode on the hybrid for better power. If that is not enough, there's the Sport mode and paddle shifters that will bring you from 0-100 kmh in 8.5s.

Alas, I was asking about the HRV aka Vezel.

Kah has no intention of bringing in the hybrid right now, otherwise I would consider that for the enough ompph..

It's the 1.5 NA I worry about..

HRV or Vezel is not designed to be a pocket rocket. So no matter how it ain't gonna perform like 1?

However power won't be till lacking till it stalls. Full adults inside sure strain.

Heh, I don't need a pocket rocket.

Will try it out on the slope near my home in Queenstown and see if it will merge with traffic fine. Looking forward to a proper test drive..

Will try it out on the slope near my home in Queenstown and see if it will merge with traffic fine. Looking forward to a proper test drive..

Dun worry la. Wont be that bad.

If not all the thousands of vezel owner will make noise already.

Just buy :)

• Praise 2

My PI told me the Chassis number is 120XXXX, is this unit built recently? They said it arrived on late July and is now with VITAS and I LL waiting for 2 weeks already and still no sounds no update...sipei Xian...is this normal? They are suppose to be reputable PI  ...sigh....:-(

If just 2 or 3 adults will be very noisy but going up. These puny engines will drop to 1st gear once you floor the throttle. Very noisy.

So smoothly up will better with almost every car over taking you....the taxi will all make you smell smoke.

Work the engine hard and you can tahan the noise it will just keep up.

Go uber a vezel to test or rent 1? Anyway the hrv test car coming.

Or drive a fit...is quite close.

As a driver, would you choose model hybrid vs X in term of low end power ?

& How is the DCT transmission vs CVT aka rubber band, giving a rating of _/10. Thanks

As a driver, would you choose model hybrid vs X in term of low end power ?

& How is the DCT transmission vs CVT aka rubber band, giving a rating of _/10. Thanks

Low end power - the hybrid. The X can almost match up to it IF you are okay with flooring the car and hear it roar.

The hybrid is probably quieter because of better insulation. 

The acceleration of the hybrid has this split second lag when I give it a sudden hard while I had instantaneous response on the X. My previous ride was a turbo so referencing the lag to that. 

I only drove the hybrid for a short distance on a small 40kmh road and some zipping within the carpark. It was close to family dinner time so can't tell much on DCT vs CVT

Overall, if I can choose the car all over again and provided money+maintenance aren't an issue, it'll be the hybrid. But when I got my X, the Hybrid was priced $15K more. And my previous car maintenance was taking a lot of my time and money, I wanted an idiot-proof car asap.

If you live in Jurong West, I can let you have a try on the X.

Many times, wits can help you overtake more than a powerful car.  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3