Replacing Wira brake pad across the causeway

Leslielai

Hey guys.. just wanna find out the locations in JB where I can change the brake pads of a '04 Wira 1.5.

The car belongs to my gf's dad. Noticed some burning smell and had to press harder to brake since yesterday. He doesn't have the intention to replace it until the next servicing date and I'm gonna replace it for him for safety reasons.

I understand that it will be much cheaper to do that across the causeway. Any fellow proton drivers here willing to shed some light on some reliable garages?

Very disappointed over the QC. Less than 20k mileage and the brake pad's already misfunctioning.

[shakehead][thumbsdown]

↡ Advertisement

less than 20k replace disc brake pad....burning smell..chk the disc brake callipers..I think its jammed is cosing the burning of the pad.

Neutral Newbie

Just Drive Over There's Damn Lot OF Car Service Centre All Along The Road, But Ask the Price 1st, If it's cheaper then what u heard here just do it.Or just drive to the next 1.

Oh so the caliper might be jammed and causing the burning smell? Any way I can check it myself before going to the mech?

less than 20k, how old liao, how come not udr distributer warranty...the jammed wheel is veri hot....especially the caliper's part...will burn ur finger if u touch it....

dun need to go up north.....get the local workshop to do a servicing, can liao.. dun think it's necessary to replace the pad...unless really badly burned.... [sweatdrop]

It's always cheaper up north since its their national baby.

He's waiting for the next servicing since its not his main form of transport. Thinking of changing it for him since my [inlove] uses the car sometimes and I don't want her safety compromised.

Shall go test the brakes again later [furious]

If udr warranty...dun wait for the next servicing...mai thu liao....send to proton....tell them the problem... [:)]

Less than 20K and I believe from the signs you have given, you are having a seized caliper. At less than 20K mileage, suggest that you claim from your warranty.

Neutral Newbie

hi there.

after finding out your prob, and if you still want to change the pads, i have a regular workshop in JB that i go for my proton servicing. (mine just reach 20k)

its 8- 10mins away from JB custom.

the last time that i change the pad on my fren's wira cost about RM80 for both rear sides.

↡ Advertisement