Honda Airwave

Tploh

Anyone know the possible issue base on below scenario.

I'm driving a Honda Airwave for almost 9 years now.

Last Sept 2014, face the car jerk and the petrol dont seems to flow to the engine.

After WS check, they change 4pcs of plug coil and everything is fine.

Now, the same problem came back again and this time seems like jerking more badly even at low or high speed driving.

The car seems like choking and jerking very badly and at times seems like petrol is not flowing into the engine on the move.

Did anyone had such an experience and would like to share the possible problem?

Thank you.

↡ Advertisement

Anyone know the possible issue base on below scenario. I'm driving a Honda Airwave for almost 9 years now. Last Sept 2014, face the car jerk and the petrol dont seems to flow to the engine. After WS check, they change 4pcs of plug coil and everything is fine. Now, the same problem came back again and this time seems like jerking more badly even at low or high speed driving. The car seems like choking and jerking very badly and at times seems like petrol is not flowing into the engine on the move. Did anyone had such an experience and would like to share the possible problem? Thank you.

maybe is the fuel filter ? any gurus able to help ?

Neutral Newbie

I had also experiencing this jerking problem since 2 years ago. I believe this has been an issue in our honda airwave. I had tried to change 2 plug coil instead of 4. At first the problem is solved. But after around 2 weeks, the jerking gets so bad that when I was driving in the highway, it jerked all the way. Thereafter, I replaced the remaining 2 and the problem was slightly solved. I will still experience slight jerk especially in the morning when the car just started to move. I will just bear with it until my COE is over... [knife]

Hi , i m driving an 08 airwave .

Recently when i engage reverse gear , the is a loud "thud" sound . Anyway idea wat is wrong ?

Btw , the car oso vibrates when i m stationary but engaged in Drive mode , is it the engine mounting has worn off ?

Neutral Newbie

Hi , i m driving an 08 airwave .

Recently when i engage reverse gear , the is a loud "thud" sound . Anyway idea wat is wrong ?

Btw , the car oso vibrates when i m stationary but engaged in Drive mode , is it the engine mounting has worn off ?

yup, the engine mounting might had worn off. I am driving a 07 airwave and had them replaced recently.

As for the reverse gear, I also experienced it, but didn't really bother about it. :)

Finally bought an airwave , hope tat its a good car for me .

Hope you made sure it has a good service record.

Waiting to retire my '06 Airwave. :p

I juz bought an 08 airwave from Heritage auto n took delivery yesterday. So far i m satisfied wif it. Compared wif the colt tat i had previously driven , its far more practical , esp if one has a family.

Boot space is gd n i could juz throw my child seat over to the back n still have space to pack in a stroller . My Colt even had problems fitting in a stroller. The middle section is more roomy compared to my previous car too.

Cant comment on fuel consumption though cos juz took it yesterday.

Minus pts for tis car should be tat i feel its underpowered ,

• Praise 1

should be able to tong... so far no issue right.. ?

looking for one too now...

touch wood... no major issues... just passed the 9th year car inspection....

I juz bought an 08 airwave from Heritage auto n took delivery yesterday. So far i m satisfied wif it. Compared wif the colt tat i had previously driven , its far more practical , esp if one has a family.

Boot space is gd n i could juz throw my child seat over to the back n still have space to pack in a stroller . My Colt even had problems fitting in a stroller. The middle section is more roomy compared to my previous car too.

Cant comment on fuel consumption though cos juz took it yesterday.

Minus pts for tis car should be tat i feel its underpowered ,

This car used to provide good power, but as it aged... I can feel the loss of power too.

24" and 14" - Front

12" - Back

Thanx alot for the info! 

Btw , i m now experiencing some rustling sounds from the enigne whenever i start the engine , the sound is from the left side near the cylinder area when i stand facing the engine. 

Any idea wats wrong ?

Thanx alot for the info!

Btw , i m now experiencing some rustling sounds from the enigne whenever i start the engine , the sound is from the left side near the cylinder area when i stand facing the engine.

Any idea wats wrong ?

Not sure. Could be a few possibilities. Have it checked at workshop lor.

My guess could be ur belt or engine mount.

Juz had my car checked today , discovered tat the weird rustling sound came from the engine pulley. Rectified after changing it 

But along came the replacement of the linkage, engine mounts , general servicing n replacement of some steering parts .

Heartache but $ well spent .  

N i do quote tat i wun be going back to the workshop tat my dealer had recommended. They didnt even discover all those faults during their service n were only discovered when i went to another workshop.

Edited by weekiat572
↡ Advertisement