2 men arrested for setting off fireworks in little india

Yewheng

Little india fireworks.. anyone get to see it? Kee Chu..

Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/two-arrested-for-setting-off-fireworks-near-little-india-10902556

fireworks-little-india.jpg

SINGAPORE: Two men were arrested on Tuesday (Nov 6) for allegedly setting off fireworks in the Little India area.  

The suspects, aged 29 and 48, were caught after a police officer spotted the fireworks along Gloucester Road at about midnight on Tuesday, said the police in a media release.

In a video that was posted on Facebook page SG Road Vigilante, the loud sound of fireworks could be heard and the display went on for more than a minute.

Police officers were seen running towards the fireworks. The video has since been taken down.

Investigations are ongoing.

If convicted of discharging dangerous fireworks, they face a fine of between S$2,000 and S$10,000, and a jail term of up to two years. 

A ban on the use of fireworks in Singapore was imposed in 1972 under the Dangerous Fireworks Act. Exceptions are granted for certain events where appropriate safety precautions have been adopted.

Not worth it....

At my parents place one year on CNY Day 1, i heard firecrackers/fireworks going off at 4am (supposedly the auspicious time).

It lasted for about maybe <1min. Don't think anyone was ever caught for that  [laugh]

The thing is how they smuggle the fireworks into Sgp w/o being stopped.

Not tough I imagine, just buy in msia and stuff it way back in the car should be okay Liao. Customs dun use sniffer dogs makes it harder to detect

Not tough I imagine, just buy in msia and stuff it way back in the car should be okay Liao. Customs dun use sniffer dogs makes it harder to detect

I have played with fireworks before in China. To have a one minute version you will need a rather large tin box to pack all the fireworks into it and have a detonating cord sticking out of the tin box. Even if they had dismantle everything and have it smuggled bit by bit it's still quite dangerous coz these are some form of explosives after all. They risk injuring themselves and setting their vehicle on fire.

I have played with fireworks before in China. To have a one minute version you will need a rather large tin box to pack all the fireworks into it and have a detonating cord sticking out of the tin box. Even if they had dismantle everything and have it smuggled bit by bit it's still quite dangerous coz these are some form of explosives after all. They risk injuring themselves and setting their vehicle on fire.

Wah...

tio bo?

detonating cord, or detcord as we used it (30 yr ago in NS) itself is an explosive that can injure and kill leh. It is like plastic explosive, TNT flakes, TNT blocks, high explosives, etc. like that, but is in the form of a thick wire... it's not for lighting one...

The piece that is used for lighting, is the safety fuse, which when lighted, will take a few secs (depending on length) to travel from one end to another, where there will be detonator that will set off the explosion. The detonator is connected to the explosives mentioned above, or through the detcord, if the explosive charge is v far away.

I think if possess fireworks tio liak, will fine and maybe jail.

i think if possess detonating cord tio liak, should be much more jialat? If possess firearms already can :a-shoot: , then possess explosives should be worse?

I also lighted fireworks in China before. Very fast one leh, so yes, if one min, will need really a lot a lot of them [sweatdrop]

Edited by Atrecord

Wah...

tio bo?

detonating cord, or detcord as we used it (30 yr ago in NS) itself is an explosive that can injure and kill leh. It is like plastic explosive, TNT flakes, TNT blocks, high explosives, etc. like that, but is in the form of a thick wire... it's not for lighting one...

The piece that is used for lighting, is the safety fuse, which when lighted, will take a few secs (depending on length) to travel from one end to another, where there will be detonator that will set off the explosion. The detonator is connected to the explosives mentioned above, or through the detcord, if the explosive charge is v far away.

I think if possess fireworks tio liak, will fine and maybe jail.

i think if possess detonating cord tio liak, should be much more jialat? If possess firearms already can :a-shoot: , then possess explosives should be worse?

I also lighted fireworks in China before. Very fast one leh, so yes, if one min, will need really a lot a lot of them [sweatdrop]

I'm not trained in explosives. It should be safety fuse but I remember it's crudely made.

I'm not trained in explosives. It should be safety fuse but I remember it's crudely made.

The 1 you mentioned sounds like 土制.

I seen fireworks that burn for a minute that looks like sibei giant firecrackers.

Not difficult to smuggle

Sound like making a bomb liao leh

@dach got comment or not?

Ban effective meh?

If not effective, your house would have burnt down long ago, since anyone can openly whenever and wherever they like.

And the culprits have already been caught, which already send a right message that this is not tolerated.

If not effective, your house would have burnt down long ago, since anyone can openly whenever and wherever they like.

And the culprits have already been caught, which already send a right message that this is not tolerated.

The culprit was caught due to video. Not because of custom or SPF effort.

I wonder how HDB/condo easily catch fire because of fireworks.

If it’s so easy catch fire, there will be massive fire during CNY in Malaysia.

↡ Advertisement