It is often difficult to decide which interior design meets your needs and lifestyle the most because most designs usually do not show the need for improvements or alternations till you are actually using them.
Interior Design - A Journey Of Discovery
1. Start with A Vision
Get design preferences from magazines or websites for your design preferences.
2. Visit Your Neighbourhood
A stroll to your neighbourhood may inspire you with some design ideas to your dream home.
3. Attend Open Houses
Every individual house comes with their different unique design. Each of those houses will have features that inspire you, and features that will leave you unmoved.
4. Take Photographs
Shoot photos to the places you visited whenever you saw features that inspire you.
5. Get Started Organising & Developing Design
Sieving out your selection of design preference and vision of the end product.
6. Getting A Designer
Tell your designer what's your vision and discuss with him on the workability of your design concept. Mistakes made in the vision and design phase cost nothing. But mistakes through to the building phase will cost you a lot more than your budget can even consider.
Some Interior Design Tips
1. Using carpets & rugs to soften hardwood floors.
2. Bring the outdoors in by adding plants and greenery to your living space.
3. Let in the natural sunlight.
4. Using decorative mirrors to add instant light to your living space.
5. Paint smaller rooms in softer, lighter colours to make the room feel bigger.
6. Creating a focal point.
7. Adding layers of lighting.
8. Hanging paintings or portraits to the correct height.
9. Create spaces that are conducive to conversation.
10. Refrain from overcrowding with furniture.
Useful Link For References
Featured Business Listings