Posted by BabyBlade on 01 November 2018 - 03:36:53 PM
Hi all. Today I will be sharing a little something about what I've been quite involved in of late, especially since a passing of a very beloved furkid. And that is, the adoption and rehoming of stray dogs in Singapore.
To those who are already dog owners out there but still have space at home, in your heart and abundance of love for another furkid, to those whose furkids have crossed the rainbow bridge but are now ready to love again... I appeal to you!
I will be posting from time to time, dogs that are up for adoption here from various rescue groups, and also appeals for fosterers while the rescue groups find forever homes for them.
If you are able to help, please do. If not, sharing the post to those who might be able to help would be very appreciated!
What's Singapore Specials?
This may be a term familiar to some, but unfamiliar to many.
Singapore Special is a dog that is bred on the streets, a product of generations of varieties of different breeds of dogs.
- Be a local medium-sized mixed-breed or “Singapore Special”
- Be at least 6 months old and sterilised
- Have a maximum weight of 15kg and shoulder height up to 50cm
- Undergo compulsory basic obedience training by AVA-accredited trainers
- Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA)
- Save Our Street Dogs (SOSD)
- Action for Singapore Dogs (ASD)
- Exclusively Mongrels
- Causes for Animals (CAS)
- Animal Lovers League (ALL)
- Purely Adoptions
- Chained Dog Awareness Singapore
- Hope Dog Singapore
- Mercy Light Adoption
- Voices for Furbabies
- A Stray's Life
- Paws Angels