Peugeot 308 and 3008!

Mrmurano

Neutral Newbie

Peugeot is preparing the replacement of the current 307 dubbed 308. This, however, will not be just one successor, but a true full all new model range.
Peugeot 3008

The first in line for launch will be the new four door in 2007 at the Frankfurt Motor Show, which will arrive in the dealerships in 2008. It is followed by a three door, station wagon, coupe-convertible in 2009 and finally – as a surprise – a so-called 3008. This one is – like Peugeot’s 1007– another van derivative from the 308 with a large rear door.
The first photo is showing a computer image of how the 3008 could look like upon its release. The second photo is a first long lens shot of a heavily disguised prototype of the 3008 during a secret test drive.
Peugeot 308

The third and fourth photos are showing a latest prototype of the four door 308 model. Power will come from a 2.2 four cylinder turbodiesel engine delivering 170 HP as well as the new generation 1.6 litre petrol engine delivering between 75 and 170 HP. It was developed in co-operation with BMW. A particularly sporty RC version performing 210 HP is to follow some time later.

post-3-1150729819_thumb.jpg

post-3-1150729820_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

It will be interesting to see how the 308 shapes up - with competition in the Conti Hatchback market so strong right now. I think this should be more important a re-dsign then the 207, tho the 207 seems to be a higher profile car, more b/cos of its mass small car appeal and WRC roots...

Neutral Newbie

To me the front looks OK with very similar styling to 407.

But the rear looks uninspiring. Reminds me of the Honda Stream.

any1 bot this?? hwz da egg shaped car performing [gossip]

Never buy. Only test drive. Not that powerful despite it's turbo. But handling not bad. I dun like its 4 speed gear. Their 6 speed better.

Never buy. Only test drive. Not that powerful despite it's turbo. But handling not bad. I dun like its 4 speed gear. Their 6 speed better.

dis car is 6th auto ma... according to their webby specs...

can't b that bad bah.. 6 sp feels like antiquated 4sp :ph34r: i hope

dis car is 6th auto ma... according to their webby specs...

can't b that bad bah.. 6 sp feels like antiquated 4sp :ph34r: i hope

Oh.. When i test drive the 308 it's only 4 sp. But I tried the 308cc which is 6sp much better.

Yup... It's 6-speed. New gearbox from Aisin. Hopefully the Japanese gearbox makes a difference.

The engine seemed powerful, IMO. Test drive it quite ok. Maybe I never drive a more powerful car before ;-)

Let's hope it doesn't disappoint when put to actual use!

Edited by Cybersurf

er.....can enlighten why not good?

I am quite impressed with the 3008. It is a mid-size car with a small engine. The feel of it is above my expectation. No, I did not test drive so I can't give objective comments.

I sold my 308 4-speed... now driving a 308CC 6-speed... really good gearbox, helped brings fuel consumption level down (~20%). Love this car. Get the versions with 6-speed auto. 308 6-speed coming end of the year.

nt a gd car cos i drove it,going to sell it

Care to share the downside of the car?

How long have you been driving it? First shipment in Singapore probably just 2 to 3 weeks???

Neutral Newbie

the 3008 is 1.6 THP, 6 speeder... same engine as 308cc...

test drove the 3008, very responsive with 156bhp... chose this over VW tiguan or nissan qashqai.

↡ Advertisement