Mercedes-Benz S-Class Dominates Luxury Segment

Evow123

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

2060614.004.1L.jpg

50,000 units in 8 months

[*]More than 50,000 new S-Class sedans delivered to customers worldwide since market launch in September 2005

[*]US and Germany top performing sales markets for the luxury sedan

[*]S-Class is also the world market leader among diesel-powered luxury sedans

Only eight months after the European premiere of the new S-Class, sales of the sedan have

topped 50,000 units.

Edited by Evow123
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

was not attracted initially but it grew on me and I think it really looks very handsome and opulent ...

Neutral Newbie

Hiyah, new model mah...of course sales must beat that of its chief competitor, the 7!

If after billions of dollars of redevelopment - the new S Class sales cannot beat an aging 7 Series in sales in the first months, lagi mati man. [thumbsdown]

Every 3 to 3.5 years, a new merc s class and bMW 7 series will emerge alternatively. maybe Merc and BMW pakart one. When the next 7 series arrives, am sure the will achieve similar sales nos.

Neutral Newbie

Yah they will take turns to lead the sales charts - they will also copy each other's design DNA to ensure success.

Look at the backside of the new S-Class - copy the one element that looked ugly on the 7 series (other then the headlights). Same backside style - Mercedes just made it look even uglier. [laugh]

yeah now BMW want to be the pioneer again in so many ways they have, this time they intend to fit their top end cars with Infra-red sensors to detect objects/pedestrains in dimly lighted areas..wahh..machiam like SAF 21 [laugh] if they do go ahead, am sure one fine day mercedes or even lexus wld have the same.

Neutral Newbie

The new S-Class already has this feature in the car. The BMW is just gonna implement it in ALL the models of their cars.

and i do believe, they are made from the same company.

Jon

Its down to personal preference i guess, but I do like the FL 7 series.. Its got a lot more presence than the new s class.. the s class... hmm... looks like a maybach... very un-eyecatching

The new S-class rear gets its inspiration from the Maybach....there is some resemblance.

I think this new model has successfully regain it's king of the road status, it looks big and luxury.

I didn't like it from the picture but the real car looks good on the road, it's the same with the CLS.