Nam Huat's sound insulation good?

Ultramega

Hi,

Yesterday i was surfing Nam Huat's website and i found their worksmanship for soundproofing to be very good. see this pic: http://www.namhuat.com/trackrecords/pictur...-9450MP0008.JPG

as you can see, the sound insulation material conforms to the shape of the door, and a heatgun is used during installation to achieve this. then i went on to the "Featured Products" page and found they carry a brand of sound insulation material by the name of CAE.

Anybody using this brand? Is it good? Any comments? where else can i get this kind of worksmanship? i am really keen on letting them do sound insulation for my car.

Thanks.

Edited by Ragingbull
↡ Advertisement

Brother,

Sound proofing got alot of ways and methods.

Seeing the mat conform to the shape of your door is damn normal cause if it doesn't then it is not soundproofing.

Another method is just using bitumen.

Even though it is heavy, i find that is it cheaper and much better in the long run if you feel like doing more layers of sound proofing.

I just did my many many layer sound proof and enjoying the feel of a continental door.....

The quality of mid bass that comes out is also better... Maybe it is my mind playing tricks on me but thats wat i feel.

Feel free to come to the meet up on Wed and discuss more...

Neutral Newbie

I was thinking to do the soundproofing work myself, to save cost. I have bought a 62feet roll of raamat from the local agent.

But faced with one problem....Side-air bag on my front seats.

Can anyone with experience, teach me what is the correct procedure to remove the air-bag fitted seats? Do I need to short the electrical connectors? Will I need to visit the car workshop to reset the airbag failure warning lights later?

I worried that improper removal may 'accidently' deploy the airbags.

Or should I just let the experts at audio shop do the soundproofing work?

For me, I have tried their sound proofing using Dynamat Extreme to do on my 4 doors single layers, quite satisfied with their workmanship and service.

Will be doing the wheel arc and fenders this weekend using Dynamat Extreme too! thumbsup.gif

Neutral Newbie

anyone brother here can advise for those sound proofing material that required heat gunning to install versus 'silent' soundproofing (which is a stick on)...which is a better bet choice ?

I was thinking to do the soundproofing work myself, to save cost. I have bought a 62feet roll of raamat from the local agent.

But faced with one problem....Side-air bag on my front seats.

Can anyone with experience, teach me what is the correct procedure to remove the air-bag fitted seats? Do I need to short the electrical connectors? Will I need to visit the car workshop to reset the airbag failure warning lights later?

I worried that improper removal may 'accidently' deploy the airbags.

Or should I just let the experts at audio shop do the soundproofing work?

Why airbag? Juz remove the battery connection....

anyway, airbag would not be easily activate unless u wanna short circuit the system which trigger the compressor....! [:p]

Juz do it...my installer also do the same..disconnect battery and deactivate the fuse of circuitry...

You can contact Mike, 93862658 or [email protected]

Raammat comes in 62.5 sq ft, cost about $2xx per roll.

I also DIY complete car, add Armaflex on top of Raammat. Result is quite impressive.

↡ Advertisement