Servicing for Chevrolet Aveo

Vios73

I am planning to service my Aveo outside. Anyone has any recommended workshop in the west area? My Aveo is 1 yr old and just completed 20k at Alpine and the damage was $129 (+own cxxxxxe oil at $30). Actually i was thinking to just take up the mineral package at Alpine and run up to 10k for next servicing to save some cost but maybe outside synthetic oil package is cheaper compare to Alpine. Saw the SPC servicing at $68 before and i even consider comfortdelgro group at Pandan. Hope to gather more info from bros here. Cheers. [flowerface]

↡ Advertisement

comfort delgro is not bad. otherwise u can do it at some petrol kiosk. i do it at stamford tyre as it is very near my place

Turbocharged

My is also due for servicing. My concern is outside workshop may not be able to tune the engine. Understand all new cars required computerise tunning?

Go to RDY Autocare at AMK Autopoint. The owner, Richard, is very good with Chevy's and his workshop is a better alternative to the agents. You can find his link at teamchevysg.com

I knwo this thread is inactive ...can some kind soul please recommend servicing workshop for Optra? I came across RDY but would like to get it done preferably near to Kembangan area. Many thks!

I send my Optra to my regular WS in Yishun Indl Pk.A.

Optra not difficult as it just a normal Korean Daewoo car. Very similar to Jap cars. [thumbsup]

Most mech can handle the simple service. If they tell u difficult & ex cos its a conti car, u better run away fast & never look back cos the mech is trying to [knife] u.

checking to verify something...

is it true that new Aveo5 for the 1st servicing at 1k there's no oil change at all... and only until the 10k servicing will alpine motors do oil change?

cos i just heard that for the 1k servicing they only did a car wash and vacuum!!?? :o

My is also due for servicing. My concern is outside workshop may not be able to tune the engine. Understand all new cars required computerise tunning?

===============

No need to tune here tune there.

Yours new car, just drive & enjoy.

Unless u have problem with engine then u might need to tune. Dont after ture from no problem then wil have problem. <_<

U just need to change what is recommended in your handbook. Normally 10K km is only oil & oil filter. Very straight forward.

Other fluids u can check yourself. Tire balancing & rotation u send to good tire shop to do.

checking to verify something...

is it true that new Aveo5 for the 1st servicing at 1k there's no oil change at all... and only until the 10k servicing will alpine motors do oil change?

cos i just heard that for the 1k servicing they only did a car wash and vacuum!!?? :o

===============

Hahaha. Waste your time to go down.

Go anywhere except RDY autocare. Please do not go, let me repeat, do not go RDY autocare. They will ruin your chevrolet badly. I had a terrible experience with them. Trust me, you won't regret.

provide more details. simply saying they are bad is :blink:

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

I have query regarding my Chevrolet Aveo 2007 model. My ABS seems to be giving this weird problem below:

Recently, when I am bringing my Aveo to a halt by stepping on the brake pedal, it has this weird rumbling sound (like juggling marble) and this tingling sensation on the brake pedal. After that, I purposely stepped on the brake pedal and the ABS light came on. Once the ABS light comes on (meaning ABS not working), the weird sound and the sensation is gone.

After I park my car (turn off engine), wait for half an hour and restart engine, the ABS light is not lit anymore, then the tingling sensation comes back with the rumbling sound when I am breaking my car. Again, I purposely step on the break, ABS light comes on and symptoms are gone. And the cycle repeats.

Seems to me this is an ABS issue... Any one encountered or know of this problem ? And how much does it cost to fix this?

Thanks!

George

Actually this is a freaking simple car. Don't expect great driving experience from it.

It is the ABS that ruins it. Else it would have been a great simple car like the Hyundai Getz which is a very trouble-free car thanks to its simplicity.

↡ Advertisement