Bmw 523 or lexus gs300

Santa

Neutral Newbie

as both model are price quite close, need some of your expert opinioins which is a better buy

↡ Advertisement

Best is to rely on your own judgement and weigh the merits of each car on your own by viewing and test-driving them personally. Reason is everybody attaches different values when choosing something, be it a car, home, wife :) etc.

Seriously, you and only you can decide which is a better buy. Also remember, you are spending your own money, so decide what is best for yourself. No point buying a car that others say are nice for them. Good luck.

Neutral Newbie

last month i check lexus is 172k, bmw 523 i think should be about 175-180k

handling wise - without doubt should be bmw

power wise - should be lexus

that is why i cannot make up my mind as i do not want a underpower car any more.

Neutral Newbie

i wld prefer the 523 over the gs300. its a facelifted version and has the brand image.

it still catches my attention whenever there is one on the roads, altho it has been ard for yrs.

GS300 a bit ah pek looking for me liao...esp the back.

(edited)

err hmmm.....u know hor, if u go to the car reviews section(which I also just started a thread) you will realised all are positive reviews, none bad [:|] .

You see, I am quite sure sooner or later, u get some replies:

GS300 > BMW 523 (more gadgets, refined, quiet, value for $$)- BM salesman [laugh]

BMW 523 > GS300 ( still a toyota, poorer resale value, inferior brand)-PML salesman [laugh]

the same goes for fanboys [laugh]

In the end you are confused and confused and super confused.

fark it, buy the Merc E class [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Ahbengdriver

Neutral Newbie

AH beng ....in short is bmw reliable heard a fair share of problems in 3'series and 520

My 320i is coming to 16-months old and clocked 33,000km so far. Driven it all over Malaysia on trunk roads and highways, except Sepang [laugh] , no problem [cool]. The steptronic gears are very good, really even my hiadees who drives jippun cars say one.

U want I sell u? [sweatdrop] then I buy a new 335 [sly]

Singaporeans always like that one mah..u can see this kind of thread all over the place. "Which one better..","Which one better.."? but never state their criteria of the word "better".

Best is to rely on your own judgement and weigh the merits of each car on your own by viewing and test-driving them personally. Reason is everybody attaches different values when choosing something, be it a car, home, wife :) etc.

Neutral Newbie

I've driven none of the 2 cars but still I like to put my 2cents worth. [laugh]

I find the GS300 more plasticky. The interior of the 523 seems to be of a better build quality.

Handling - depends on what type of driver you're.

Power - I'm sure the GS300 wins. Never will it fail to put on a smile on your face when you 'eat' the 523 & 525 on the road. The only time you'll curse is during annual renewal of road tax.

Creature Comforts - GS300 with its ML stereo, 14 speakers. Yum yum!! Too bad no ventilated seats. The IS250 comes standard. [hur]

The WOW Factor - BMW 523 cos it's a BMW. GS300 wows too but wah...road tax so high kind of wow. Thus colour is important when it comes to choosing the GS300 to create that presence which seems all so easy for the 523.

Verdict: I'll get the GS300 as an underpowered car contributes greatly to driver's fatigue. Other than that, it's sure the 523 for me.

Neutral Newbie

I will get the BMW if I am you. For one, it's more spacious, its i-drive with gps is a plus plus and you will definitely enjoy the drive of a bmw more.

Neutral Newbie

do u feel bmw 523 under power for its kerb weigh - especially in city driving pick up or over taking ?

overall i feel that the GS300 is a excellent drive and will give u no problems at all in maintainence and servicing.. it is a super quiet ride as well and performance is really good. it is far better value for money than the 523. the only thing is the high road tax as mbris250 said. [:)]

the problem with the 523 is that the 525 exists. can u imagine u are driving a weaker detuned version of a superior car ? in the UK, or US, it would be 525 or 530, not a subdued 523.....yes the 523 might look nicer and all, but i am worried abt PML's aftersales service...... [:(]

but in their favour the 5 series have been around for sometime and this is the facelift model with improvements to the engine and styling. it supposedly has better handling too.it looks bigger , has more precence and is more impressive than the GS300's ugly backside.....hehe [laugh]

hmm....tough choice but i think either would serve your needs well....there is no really bad choice ...i think many people would enjoy to have such a dilemma. [flowerface]

(edited)

U know the 523 uses a 177 BHP engine right but is about 250-300 kg more than a 320i. Ok the 320i is 150bhp/200nm stock and 1.45tonnes. powwer/weight ratio is similar. 523 is smoother bcos it has 2 moe cylinders. In 320i, if fully loaded with 4 pax, in auto D-mode u can feel overtaking a bit slow, partly also bcos it comes with a built in delay safety throttle response like many contis. But u can override it [lipsrsealed]. I ve test driven a 523 and in some ways it feels like a 320 but just bulkier. I drive very fast if I am up in Msia. To drive the thing enjoyably u gotta use the steptronic gear, which is like a manual gear. There is a reason why many sports car comes only in manual right? Alot of cars sell on the BHP their engines can produce but they just dont feel shiok and fast and exciting.

Ok enuf said, go buy the Merc E class [laugh]

Edited by Ahbengdriver

Neutral Newbie

bro - supposely u own a gs300 - what the consumption by the way (dun shoot me down - i know i am looking for a car like this spec i should not worry about consumption - but sale staff tell me 9km/litre which i find it hard to belived for a big / power car like gs)

↡ Advertisement