Fc for 91' coe toyota corona 1.6 auto

Verve

Hi,

am considering the above model, does anyone know the fc of this car (present fc after so many years in service, not when new)

heard toyotas are generally reliable, how about this make does anyone own this car or know of people who do.

many thanks in advance.

btw, i posted this cos i didnt find this car in the fuel consumption database

picture

http://www.sgcarmart.com/main/info-2XtZxB8W-1138.html

↡ Advertisement

I believe Pisces69 own the model you mentioned, perhaps he will advise when he see this thread?

Me driving a 91 Corolla, average 12km/l. FC rather consistent, not much significance difference whether drive fast or slow. tongue.gif

ok thanks, then fc for the 1.6 at corona should be less, i am guessing cos it must be heavier, how's the maintenance like for your corona, costly to upkeep?

Mine is the corolla...

So far around 3 ~ 4 years, the wear and tear parts got replaced. For the past year no problem, just routine oil change maintenance. Did broke down once due to distrubutor problem, replaced with a 2nd-hand parts and still working fine.

hey i used to own the car

when the car was 10 years old, it still gave me 14km/litre.

now i donno. the car should be 18years old now. there was once i saw it on the road.

basically, rest assure that this is a VERY GOOD CAR

Turbocharged
Hi,

heard toyotas are generally reliable, how about this make does anyone own this car or know of people who do.

many thanks in advance.

btw, i posted this cos i didnt find this car in the fuel consumption database

picture

http://www.sgcarmart.com/main/info-2XtZxB8W-1138.html

Old cars, no matter how reliable the brand can be, definitely needs parts replacement due to wear/tear and age. Be prepared to set aside some money, otherwise you might be in for a rude shock.

Turbocharged

My presea is 16 years old. About the same age as the corona you are looking at.

The car was excellent up to the 15th year mark without much repair. Finally when it turned 16, age has finally caught up and I spent $4-5k replacing the worn and torn parts to make sure it could survive till 2011. I could have chosen the cheaper option of selling the car away.

The corona seller might have the same issue, instead of replacing all the almost-gone parts, he decide to sell the car away, and unwittingly, the next buyer takes over the ownership.

so anyway to buy one where the seller actually changed the replacement parts, from your experience what are the parts to look out for.

i am prepared to spend 1-2k to get the car up to mark after buying.

Turbocharged

Likely wear and tear parts:-

Engine might need an overhaul, or a complete change. This can be expensive.

Oil leaks, distributor problems.

Brake pads.

Radiator.

Alternator.

belts, squeeky sound.

Strut bars, lower arms.

Auto gear box.

suspension.

shock absorbers.

Dealer usually use a cheap coat of paint which might not last more than 2 years under the sun.

Some of the problems might only surface after you have driven the car home for 1 month.

Edited by Albeniz

Turbocharged
This is a BBC. There is no difference between the G7 Corolla and this when it comes to FC.

I was under the impression that the big boot Corona is heavier than the G7.

I would expect the FC of corona to be slightly worse.

Edited by Albeniz

so how much did you spend for the wear and tear parts, hope its less than some bros here who spent 5k

i am prepared to spend 1-2k to replace some parts when i get the car and maybe another 1-2 k progressively as ownership of the car goes along. but hopefully not above 5k.

don't know if my expectations are realistic though.

[reply]

so how much did you spend for the wear and tear parts, hope its less than some bros here who spent 5k

i am prepared to spend 1-2k to replace some parts when i get the car and maybe another 1-2 k progressively as ownership of the car goes along. but hopefully not above 5k.

don't know if my expectations are realistic though.

I think since I own the car until now, total repair is definately less than $5k. The most expensive job was a top-overhaul + clutch replacement which cost about $750. Your budget should be more than enough, provided that the car is in a reasonable condition when you got it. wink.gif

TS why not just get the AE101 instead? Lighter car body, same engine. Maybe interior volume smaller alittle but definitely better FC than Corona assuming you compare both 1600cc

↡ Advertisement