Kia Optima

Turbobrick

Anyone test drove or has one? Looks like American Limo, quite a different approach by Kia.

Does it have a semi-auto gearbox like Hyundai H-matic?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Actually. i test drove it before. but it really didn't impressed me. better think twice because it really consumes fuel, this bugger. one more thing, there is a rumour going on that C&C is suffering the svc costs since the KIA cars are not that reliable and they have to absorb the warranty costs.

no flaming here ... just a rumour though.....

Neutral Newbie

The optima is available in a 2L DOHC engine or a 2.5L V6 engine ...

The outlook bears strong continental resemblance and thus the heavy body ...

Heavy ... but a sturdy drive ... had lots of fun with it.

Neutral Newbie
Anyone test drove or has one? Looks like American Limo, quite a different approach by Kia.

Does it have a semi-auto gearbox like Hyundai H-matic?

The Optima does not have the H-matic ... only the Magentis has it & it's called Sports mode.

The Optima isn't that bad a car ... good value for money. Don't expect a Ferari for 65K but at least it will be comparable to any other 2L models from Japan in term of performance but defintely better than those 2L from Thailand. sunny.gif

One thing I like about the Optima (comparing it with my last ride a Daewoo Leganza) it's the cornering ability ... maybe it's very low compared to other 2L cars so more stable during cornering. thumbsup.gif

As for the FC ... it's not too bad for a 2L car .. about 10km/l for mine ... I am not complaining knowing that my friends' newer Toyota Camry 2.0 and Nissan Cefiro JK never gets more than 9 km/l lipsrsealed.gif

Edited by Kytl68

Neutral Newbie

Among other aspects that stands out is its quieter engine at 90-140 and hardly need of braking when you see most cars red-lighted rear when negotiating in most highway interchange.

Neutral Newbie

Optima/Magentis is already a very low profile car (compared to other 2.0L) ... any more body kit and you will have problem with humps and bumps shocked.gif

↡ Advertisement