Black soot on car bonnet and mirror. How to remove?

Nothingtodo

Any bros/siss here got this problem everytime come back from driving up north... Black little spots appears sticking to the bonnet front, and side mirrors [dead] I suspect these are soot from diesel exhaust out of those lorries [:|]

I tried using lint free cloth which effectively cleans them off, but damn... hv to spend whole day just to clean off a small portion until give up [knife]

Is there a better and faster way?

↡ Advertisement

I do the same. I will usually groom my car before i go to KL and use QD to remove it (particularly those on the bonnet and windscreen) once the sun is up and again at the hotel. All in all, it would take me a total of max 10mins.

Sori lah... dont know Y attach liao becomes so big [shocked][laugh] sori sori....

Anyway... wat claybarring? Is it some kind of polishing work? Need special cleaning tool or not?

if really soot, guess using kerosene sud b ok.

but remember to wash down with concentrated shampoo and keep rinsing. use the worst cloth u hv since the cloth probably cannot b reused again.

Mine is white spots leh. Lots of them on bonnet n side mirrors. Its stone that chips the paint work thus exposing the primer paint.

At least urs can clean off, mine have to respray leh. [sweatdrop]

wah.. white latio?

looks like tar... maybe you can try claybar when you drench the car with carwash soap and see if you can remove them first?

claybar is urm a piece of soft clay.. think youe can search this forum on how to claybar and what it involves.... if you are impatient you can try the meguires claybar + QD set at most supermarts

can try tar removers like one of the above bro said..

Edited by Slowmo

Use wax and slowly rub it off with your cloth spot by spot [dizzy] , I think after that your cloth can be thrown away.

Wax polish is also a cleaning agent. Gotto use finger strength though. Look at the bright side u wax your car at the same time.

The black spots are most probably grease or its by-products. They are probably emitted from the exhaust of motorcycles (many motorcycles in Malaysia are still 2-stroke engines) or trucks. Inefficient burn of commercial vehicles and motorcycles contribute to these emisions.

i think got 2 types of waxes right? one is the cleaner wax/polish that will sort of strip of a layer?

the other is just wax, which has no cleaning properties.