Kia immobiliser

Iygnaug

Hello wise bros of MCF,

I have a question regarding the immobiliser or rather the remote control on my Rio. It used to be when i unlock the car, the sound would be 2 beeps. I don't know what i did, and now whenever i unlock it, it is 3 beeps. Normal?

Also, the red light on the right wasn't flashing before, now it is. Anything wrong with it? Quite noob in all these things....

I also realise the beige interior on the door panel seems to get dirty easily due to the plastic used, anyway to maintain it?

Thanks for your responses in advance.

↡ Advertisement

It's to alert you that an attempt has been made to scan your remote's code or that a possible unauthorised entry attempt has been made. Sometimes this happens when someone unlocks his car that is parked near to you & somehow that causes your alarm to think that a scanning was attempted. Don't know exactly how it's caused, but has happened to me a couple of times in the past. Some brands of alarms will go into this state after it has been triggered & goes into silent mode after a while to conserve battery. So this will alert the owner when he gets back to the car that the alarm has been triggered before.

To return the alarm back to normal, just insert your key into the ignition & turn it to the "On" position, then press the tiny red push-button switch located somewhere in the driver or passenger side footwell. This will reset the alarm system.

Thank you Bearbear for your reply.

Anyway, my remote just died on me. i couldn't open or close the door with it. no response. battery still alive. I am using the other spare key now. You know of any cheap place to replace one? low budget here.

The car is still under warranty, but the remotes are not...they are only covered for 1 yr. This is the 1yr 1month liao. so lucky...As estimate for the remote will be >$150 at the C&C pandan loop.......not that worth it i think....

HEY guys,

I got it fixed liao. At this workshop in pandan loop for $35 to replace the set with an identical one. Thanks for your responses.

↡ Advertisement