Estima & Estima Hybrid Facelift - 2009

Yongwd

Saw in Hup Long ads. 'G' model @ $79,800!!! Wonder whats the T & C.

Unsold stock, possibly from 2007. Low OMV. Includes Cash Rebate. Now low COE.

I was at Hup Long last year when looking for Estima.

They had some excess stock which was in less popular colours like dark blue mica.

That's the problem with hoarding stock for immediate delivery if you order equal numbers of each colour.

I think the old Hybrid is still classier than the new one, though I'd always welcome a factory-fitted bodykit [drivingcar]

The new bluish logo for the E badge on the Hybrid is very Lexus-Hybrid-like but ugly on the Estima.

Bluish tints on the rear lights are nicer on the facelifted version.

Interior-wise: reconfiguration of a few buttons, inclusion of cruise control stick (which can be DIYed anyway) and new speedometer mainly.

Looks like the Estima Hybrid is going to be more common in future [flowerface]

Unsold stock, possibly from 2007. Low OMV. Includes Cash Rebate. Now low COE.

I was at Hup Long last year when looking for Estima.

They had some excess stock which was in less popular colours like dark blue mica.

That's the problem with hoarding stock for immediate delivery if you order equal numbers of each colour.

I think the old Hybrid is still classier than the new one, though I'd always welcome a factory-fitted bodykit [drivingcar]

The new bluish logo for the E badge on the Hybrid is very Lexus-Hybrid-like but ugly on the Estima.

Bluish tints on the rear lights are nicer on the facelifted version.

Interior-wise: reconfiguration of a few buttons, inclusion of cruise control stick (which can be DIYed anyway) and new speedometer mainly.

Looks like the Estima Hybrid is going to be more common in future [flowerface]

The papers state before cash rebate, i bought my Wish from them, so far delivery as promised. Their advertise price quite genuine, the most possible for such low price for an Estima is the 4.5% loan.

Any1 out there able to briefly explain the types between A, X & G?

I quite like the model but pretty expensive and stated FC is 12km/l, but i think can get 10km/l i happy liao.

Also any1 here tried get a OPC (Off Peak Car) and drive it like a normal license plate car? I know that monthly cash out for the daily coupon is around $600 more. But it will save on

1 - Road Tax

2 - Rebate

and offcourse, lower car price means lower loan means lower interest need to pay.

Do share your view. Thanks.

Also, anyone come across any other forum that widely discussed about Estima? I don't seems to be able to find any...

And I saw some places A model about $107000 and X at ard $97000. v ex.

Thanks

I quite like the model but pretty expensive and stated FC is 12km/l, but i think can get 10km/l i happy liao.

Also any1 here tried get a OPC (Off Peak Car) and drive it like a normal license plate car? I know that monthly cash out for the daily coupon is around $600 more. But it will save on

1 - Road Tax

2 - Rebate

and offcourse, lower car price means lower loan means lower interest need to pay.

Also, anyone come across any other forum that widely discussed about Estima? I don't seems to be able to find any...

Thanks

hi having OPC and driving like normal license plate car won't work.

u'll incur very very heavy losses becos u'll also have a lower PARF value (that means u cannot sell the car within 10 years).

the exact calculations i shan't do it here.

go read up more at www.onemotoring.com

Friendstar,

becos u'll also have a lower PARF value (that means u cannot sell the car within 10 years).

>Serious? for this I really don't know. Only know the interest, roadtax will be much lower.

the exact calculations i shan't do it here.

>I understand, thks for replying.

go read up more at www.onemotoring.com

>will do that. Thanks for some pointers given.

[thumbsup]

1 - Road Tax

2 - Rebate

Thanks

Hi bro, there's a few models of Estima currently.

1. X model - Basic 2.4L. 7 or 8 seaters, optional twin moonroof, 1 or 2 pwr doors. No HIDs. Round foggies.

Normal green backlight panel/meter. Chrome front and rear garnishes.

2. Aeras - 7 or 8 seaters, optional twin moonroof. Aeropsorts design bumpers, squarish foggies, 2 pwr drs,

HIDs, illuminated meter. 17" original rims. Available in 2.4L or 3.5L Aerotourer, V6 engine. Front

and rear garnishes as body color.

3. G model - 7 or 8 seaters. Higher spec with cruise control, nicer meter and rear pwr boot door...etc. But

bumpers same as X model, round foggies.

4. Hybrid - 7 or 8 seaters. 2 models, comes with the basic or the higher spec with more functions.

Hopes that help. Cheers. [rolleyes]

Hi bros,

Am currently driving an Estima 2.4x for about 2 years (company car), and is looking at buying another new Estima. Am thinking of getting the Estima Hybrid for the following reasons: Fuel economy, and also if there is additional power from the electric motors, improved sound proofing, etc.

However, I am concerned about the reliability and maintanence costs.

Does anyone have any reviews or feedback on it?

Thank you~

Hi bros,

Am currently driving an Estima 2.4x for about 2 years (company car), and is looking at buying another new Estima. Am thinking of getting the Estima Hybrid for the following reasons: Fuel economy, and also if there is additional power from the electric motors, improved sound proofing, etc.

However, I am concerned about the reliability and maintanence costs.

Does anyone have any reviews or feedback on it?

Thank you~

Check out a personal review from one of the bros who drives the car:

SG CarMart Review

Also check out Estima forum:

SPEC Forum

Frankly, its fuel economy is nothing to shout about.

FC with controlled driving should achieve 12 to 16 km/L at best, depending on conditions

I'm on 18" rims and get about 13 km/L. On full load, the FC drops about 5%.

Managed to get nearly 750 km on full tank.

If you drive a petrol version in the same manner, you can get 10+ km/L.

As a hybrid driver, we are penalised by the road tax calculation method.

Even though it is a 2.4-litre ($1638/yr for petrol), the tax is calculated by the combined power of the motors (155 kW).

This translates to the equivalent road tax of a 3-litre ($2340/yr).

Honestly, the green rebate is insufficient to make up the difference in cost between the hybrid and petrol version due to higher road tax and price tag.

However, it is more advanced and has better soundproofing.

The one thing that stands out is the VDIM system (standard on all new Lexus cars). It is currently the only Toyota with VDIM.

Do look out for the new model with bodykit and cruise control / steering wheel audio control as standard on the X spec.

Hello buddies,

Happy New Year 2015.

Thinking of doing a facelift to my Estima Hybrid.

Any brothers (or sisters) have any recommended workshops - reliable and preferably not the 'cut-throat' guys.

Looking at re-painting, or at least changing the front look (at least the front bumper).

Thanks buddies.

I'm collecting my new estima next week... Does anyone know or recently has added side skirts for the estima? I've gone ard but some shops say it's new model so any exterior enhancements won't come in so fast.. Some told me that it's the same as 2013 version.. Any help would be welcome, thanks.

I'm collecting my new estima next week... Does anyone know or recently has added side skirts for the estima? I've gone ard but some shops say it's new model so any exterior enhancements won't come in so fast.. Some told me that it's the same as 2013 version.. Any help would be welcome, thanks.

Hi @danielchan_145187, congrats for your new estima. We have also just done up brand new estima owner with Cosmics Quartz Glass Coating. Do visit our thread for more info:

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2698045-elite-image-detailing-paint-restoration-grooming-service/

post-112641-0-88922200-1430289455_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

Magazine X in Japan has rendered a subsequent Toyota Previa (Toyota Estima in Japan), that is reported to go on sale from Jun 6, 2016 in a country.

2225531849480240c1a510159ff3c40626f03602

Neutral Newbie

if this is the final design then [thumbsdown]

Yes disappointed, differences is the front bumper and headlamp from the pictures itself