Travelling against direction of traffic in carparks..

Metalsubzero

Are you guilty of travelling against the direction of traffic in carparks?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. So, which category do you fall under?

• Yes, and I will not hesistate to do it again
    • Yes, only when it's "all clear" and I make sure it is perfectly safe to do it..
    • Yes, but only accidentally
    • No, but if I'm running late or I need the lot, I might do it
    • No, I rather be safe than sorry

Just today, I almost hit onto another vehicle which made an illegal entry into a no entry area as there is only one-way traffic in the carpark.. It happened at Raffles City.. In fact, for the past few months, almost every once in a while I will see cars doing that.. It's especially prevalent in Raffles City.. But also prevalent at other carparks as well.. On entering the carpark (from Bras Basah Rd entrance) at B2, cars are supposed to make a right turn on the 2nd junction (1st junction is for cars exiting when they travel from B3) followed by a left turn immediately.. Some cars, choose to ignore the no entry sign and go straight in..

Is it a "lazy to go one big round to get to that free lot" attitude? Or is it a simply "bo chap" attitude? I think by taking the short cut, it puts other users' vehicle or pedestrians' lives at risk.. I understand sometimes it is difficult to get a lot and by the time you turn one round to get to that lot, it might already be taken, but I'd rather be safe den sorry.. So what are ur views guys and gals?

Edited by Metalsubzero
↡ Advertisement

The reason why I'm posting this is to see the general consensus of the MCF-ers.. For me, I think if it is at times when you sure there are no cars around that area, or if at some areas where you can see perfectly if any car is approaching from another direction, then I think it's ok.. Sometimes, some drivers just blatantly drive against the flow even when they know another car is approaching, then this car has to swerve to one side to avoid hitting the car which is travelling in the wrong direction.. It gets worse at turns.. The incident today was near the right turn before the left turn to the exit, I am exiting from exit to Beach Rd (which is the same entrance if u are coming from Bras Basah)..

But seriously though, I will avoid it all cost, unless really bo pian..

Edited by Metalsubzero

The reason why I'm posting this is to see the general consensus of the MCF-ers.. For me, I think if it is at times when you sure there are no cars around that area, or if at some areas where you can see perfectly if any car is approaching from another direction, then I think it's ok.. Sometimes, some drivers just blatantly drive against the flow even when they know another car is approaching, then this car has to swerve to one side to avoid hitting the car which is travelling in the wrong direction.. It gets worse at turns.. The incident today was near the right turn before the left turn to the exit, I am exiting from exit to Beach Rd (which is the same entrance if u are coming from Bras Basah)..

But seriously though, I will avoid it all cost, unless really bo pian..

I admit tht i have done it b4.... Sometimes on purpose and sometimes accidentally.....

i also admit to having done it....but very infrequently. Only do it when the carpark is not busy. Otherwise I should not impose my convenience on others.....as for peopel who do it on a frequnet basis....I got no comments unless you get in my right of way

The rule of driving has changed greatly over the past few years.

Many many new PR and Citizens has taught me to drive like they do.

So I will not hesitate to cut queue to get to my car park lot in a relatively safe way.

We really cannot live like the past to obey the rules and queue up like a fool anymore.

We must adapt to the more agressive style of the new comers.

Be it in the road, at the food court, in the carpark or even in primary schools.

Just today, I almost hit onto another vehicle which made an illegal entry into a no entry area as there is only one-way traffic in the carpark.. It happened at Raffles City.. In fact, for the past few months, almost every once in a while I will see cars doing that.. It's especially prevalent in Raffles City.. But also prevalent at other carparks as well.. On entering the carpark (from Bras Basah Rd entrance) at B2, cars are supposed to make a right turn on the 2nd junction (1st junction is for cars exiting when they travel from B3) followed by a left turn immediately.. Some cars, choose to ignore the no entry sign and go straight in..

Is it a "lazy to go one big round to get to that free lot" attitude? Or is it a simply "bo chap" attitude? I think by taking the short cut, it puts other users' vehicle or pedestrians' lives at risk.. I understand sometimes it is difficult to get a lot and by the time you turn one round to get to that lot, it might already be taken, but I'd rather be safe den sorry.. So what are ur views guys and gals?

Well, I ever hit a car going against the flow of traffic in carpark. I claimed him 100% with the pictures taken. So lesson learnt for the other driver. Thus I avoid as much as possible going against the flow of traffic.

FYI the accident was on his front right bumper and mine was my front left bumper, I checked my right to make sure no vehicles and proceeded and got a bump on my left. Did not bother checking left side traffic because supposed to be 1 way.

i know that the guy who is on the wrong direction will have to pay the guy on the right direction if there is an accident. Hence, i never do this. i really never know whether there is any one whose is looking for a scapegoat to claim for accident repair front damages.

i am ok with travelling against the flow in carpark as long as it is safe to do so.

sometimes when we driving, we cannot be like a 'dead brain'.....if there is an empty lot in front of you and u can access it by driving against the flow (short distance one), why not?

its dumb to miss an empty lot just because you want to abide the traffic direction and yet there is no car around u!!

I guess the general consensus is as long as it is relatively safe to go against the direction of traffic, most would do it.. I'm also more or less with this mindset..

What I cannot stand is drivers whom blatantly go against the traffic, without even checking if it is all clear..

For me, if it is clearly visible that there are no cars, I would do it, to save the trouble of going one round.. But for in the case at Raffles City, there is a point where you have to turn to get to the lots, and it is very difficult for you to see if any cars are turning towards you.. Therefore, in this case, I would rather be safe than sorry..

vivo can go against traffic in the cp?? wtf, tat is super dangerous over there..

Vivo carpark itself is quite big (relatively speaking), so there's many opportunities to go against traffic flow. The most obvious one is the B1 entrance from Harbourfront, where drivers are supposed to turn left after entering, but some turn right.

It is very dangerous, since Vivo is a popular spot and there are many cars.

Edited by Benarsenal

accident then claim the other party 100% lor. he wants to take the risk let him pay.

but sometimes really... its a GENUINE MISTAKE! some of the "junction" are not marked with arrows until u travel almost till the mid part then an arrow point out to show that you are against the flow?

I did cut across ,diagonally, rows of parking lots in Marina Square when there's no other cars/pedestrain around.

Next in suntec city , I will also go against the direction sign when there's available lot ahead but I will go slowly .