Detailers, What cutting compound are you using?

Luv_hurts

Hi all,

Was wondering what cutting compound are you guys using.

Possible to share location to get them and pricing as well as how abrasive is it.

I was looking at Ultimate compound and Maguiars professional line up.

I have some fine scratches that only upon close inspection can u see.

Swirl X dont seem to do the trick.

↡ Advertisement

meg m105 = meg ultimate compound

meg 205

the more aggressive but difficult to work with is the pro line, in my experience.,

meg ultimate compound should produce similar result but is more user friendly, i suppose. Have not had thechance to use it yet.

Bro Luv..I am not sure has meg has launch the new M105 for DA or not..You might want to check with hypercoat..

I am using M105 myself..switch SIP to M105..less dusty and better cutting on my rotary..then follow by a merzerna 106FF..i find it has slight better cutting than M205 but i must agreed M205 is very easy to use..M205 on different pads give you different result..can be used for polishing and finishing..

but what pads are u using for swirl X?? The ultimate compound target consumer market but the cutting are not as good..you need a few more passes for a DA..

Is yours the 3 series?? if yes..this model has a softer clear-coat if I am not wrong...Man..I can see your are officially poisoned... [laugh]

meg m105 = meg ultimate compound

meg 205

the more aggressive but difficult to work with is the pro line, in my experience.,

meg ultimate compound should produce similar result but is more user friendly, i suppose. Have not had thechance to use it yet.

The UC target consumer and 105 for professional line..

Bro Luv..I am not sure has meg has launch the new M105 for DA or not..You might want to check with hypercoat..

I am using M105 myself..switch SIP to M105..less dusty and better cutting on my rotary..then follow by a merzerna 106FF..i find it has slight better cutting than M205 but i must agreed M205 is very easy to use..M205 on different pads give you different result..can be used for polishing and finishing..

but what pads are u using for swirl X?? The ultimate compound target consumer market but the cutting are not as good..you need a few more passes for a DA..

Is yours the 3 series?? if yes..this model has a softer clear-coat if I am not wrong...Man..I can see your are officially poisoned... [laugh]

Bro Benny,

Yup, mines the 3 series.

I am using DA and only looking for small correction. Think the consumer line UC should be good.

I am using the yellow polishing pad with swirl X

Thinking of getting the Cutting pad with UC for correction works.

Neutral Newbie

since swirl x don't work for u, give UC a try 1st before u step up to M105... [nod]

take note on M105 that product tends to flash out very quickly so u have to keep buffing until it's break down and UC is more user friendly... [;)]

Bro Benny,

Yup, mines the 3 series.

I am using DA and only looking for small correction. Think the consumer line UC should be good.

Bro Luv..might be difficult..UC even wif cutting pad on DA might not be able to deal with yr clearcoat..I have one full gallon of M105..u grab a ketchup bottle and i pass u some..try M105..

since swirl x don't work for u, give UC a try 1st before u step up to M105... [nod]

take note on M105 that product tends to flash out very quickly so u have to keep buffing until it's break down and UC is more user friendly... [;)]

UC is quite impossible on a DA to deal with his paint..I know not definitely on VW..

Bro Benny,

Yup, mines the 3 series.

Since you are working on a small area, you might want to try SwirlX by hand.

Go for a few passes, once it work in you would be able to know it.

But do take note of your hand pressure.

Bro Luv..might be difficult..UC even wif cutting pad on DA might not be able to deal with yr clearcoat..I have one full gallon of M105..u grab a ketchup bottle and i pass u some..try M105..

Using M105 even with hand power can show obvious cutting abilities. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Bro Benny,

Yup, mines the 3 series.

start with yellow pad and UC in a test spot, check on the results... if can get what u expected then keep on going. i've learned from those pros, always use the least agressive product to get the job done and always work on a test spot... [thumbsup]

start with yellow pad and UC in a test spot, check on the results... if can get what u expected then keep on going. i've learned from those pros, always use the least agressive product to get the job done and always work on a test spot... [thumbsup]

I agreed with that..unless you are familiar with the cutting power of the compound..then waste no time..Kill it..lol

SwirlX is less agressive that UC.

But IMHO, UC is much easier to work with as SwirlX dries up too fast.

hands shaking or not??? [smash]

Hahaha..Bro Luv..bring me your car...I kilat kilat for you...

kidding kidding..really would love to be back one day..

Back to topic..Bro luv..you can try 3M cutting compound as well..

↡ Advertisement