Mitsubishi i - Need comments from Actual Owners

Tigerwoods

To all Mitsubishi i owners and car critics, I have a friend who is considering to buy 2nd Hand car and finds this car cute for her.

I'm trying to help her to get some facts on this car :

a. Can it sit 5 adults ? How is the Head and Leg room ?

b. What is the Fuel Comsumption like ?

c. Since its MIVEC Turbocharged, does it perform like a 1.3L ??

d. Any other comments welcome.

Thanks,

↡ Advertisement

To all Mitsubishi i owners and car critics, I have a friend who is considering to buy 2nd Hand car and finds this car cute for her.

I'm trying to help her to get some facts on this car :

a. Can it sit 5 adults ? How is the Head and Leg room ?

b. What is the Fuel Comsumption like ?

c. Since its MIVEC Turbocharged, does it perform like a 1.3L ??

d. Any other comments welcome.

Thanks,

a. Can sit 5, but not too big sized. Head and legroom at the back considered spacious (IMHO) for a car this size.

b. Some i-cars can hit 18km/l. I'm getting 15-16km/l.

c. For a 660cc car, don't expect much. But it is a torquey car

d. join us at www.iclubsg.com to find out more! :)

:huh: Car too small risky? Depends on how's used la. Give you mercedes but drive like an idiot what's the use? Definitely safer than a motorcycle. For me its the most logical second car. Fits 4 comfortably. Can even put a normal sized pram in the 'booth'. consumption 17km/l, good pickup (better than my wife's 1.6l car) and very very low road tax. However not suitable as a family car. [shakehead]

Neutral Newbie

My wife drives one, good for lady driver

- auto

- nice design, white style edition

- good pickup

- low road tax

- gd FC 15- 17km/L

- good for city driving

Hi,

Im a Mit 'i' owner, this march will be 3 years. 1st car is 1.3L Getz. So far no complaints. no, not member of 'i' club (wonder why i didn't join, there's a girl who passed me a namecard in IMM before, also got card slot in my one only wiper). Small car, can't expect much, cannot compare to other 1.6L cars, no point but I love it. Its easy to drive, easy to park, use very little petrol, cute etc but no car is perfect.

Just came back from JB after CNY visit, furthest I drove is to Kluang, about 2.5 hours using Tuas 2nd link, plus me 4 adults. I think 5 will be a bit cramped. Need to ram a bit to drive at 90-100km/hr, though almost 100km all the time. Its noisy when you starts driving at 90-100km/hr, radio need to turn up to at least '20' to hear the voice of DJs and music. Another thing is when you drive in Malaysia, the roads can be patchy, bumpy. So you feel like shaking up and down, quite obvious, but no choice given its a small 660cc car. Can't drive on right lane, many cars will drive at 120 - 140, kanna cut by cars all the time but is ok for me, just enjoy the view. Unless its a big slow truck or bus which hog the road, then I will ram up to 110, even 120 to overtake then back to 90-100 to my left lane again.

But getting married soon and will need to go to JB more often than before, so might need to get a 2nd car - put more things behind etc. This 'i' might pass to wifey to drive. Its a point A to B ride, not really suitable to drive in Malaysia but I think max 3 hrs non-stop at 90-100km/hr still ok. Afterwards, must let it rest. The boot behind is good enough for now but future.....let's see.

Still, no regrets in what many pple called 'downgrading' from 1.3L to 660cc car. In the end for me practicality comes first, most of the time only drive 1-2 persons, buy so big also no use. Also never carry a lot of things. Better save on road tax, petrol, insurance etc. But if married..with children, with more things......safety.....needs come in, maybe need to upgrade to a bigger car.

Depending on your expectations, Mit 'i' might suit you. For me, its no problems for 3 years, clocking 40k.

Rgds

↡ Advertisement