Unjustified parking fine?

Falc

Not sure if anyone can share experience.

Me got a $100 angpow for parking beside (not at) loading/unloading bay becoz the bay was taken up. On the hazard light, rush up to 11th floor, pick up some heavy baby stuff from my sis, rushed down, and surprise to see white ang pow there. I thought it will be safe becoz i took less than 5 minutes in all and i wasn't blocking at all but road was yellow-lined.

Appealed online, they didn't consider the merits of the case just email back to say they have waived twice previously (years back) and that's it. Furthermore, those two times they waived were for tickets at my own season parking area. [bigcry]

I just felt they should have considered the genuineness of the circumstances instead of framing their reason over historical records.

Anyone knows if it will help to call them directly? Either way, i'm quite resigned with those people in gaberman already.

Edited by Falc
↡ Advertisement

Me got a $100 angpow for parking beside (not at) loading/unloading bay becoz the bay was taken up. On the hazard light, rush up to 11th floor, pick up some heavy baby stuff from my sis, rushed down, and surprise to see white ang pow there. I thought it will be safe becoz i took less than 5 minutes in all and i wasn't blocking at all but road was yellow-lined.

Appealed online, they didn't consider the merits of the case just email back to say they have waived twice previously (years back) and that's it. Furthermore, those two times they waived were for tickets at my own season parking area. [bigcry]

I just felt they should have considered the genuineness of the circumstances instead of framing their reason over historical records.

Anyone knows if it will help to call them directly? Either way, i'm quite resigned with those people in gaberman already.

Perfectly justified to me. An unjustified parking fine is when you didn't park illegally but still got fined. The circumstances here are clear: You parked illegally. You got fined. Hazard lights are for signalling hazards to other road users and not a "park anywhere you want" ticket.

By your own admission, this is not your first offence and you have failed to learn from previous offences and deserve to be fined. Also, if you were parking by the road side then it is clear that you WERE blocking the road (at least 1 lane of it) and impeding the flow of traffic.

Edited by Kusje

If you feel that you have a strong case, and send email to re-appeal, and cc to their head. Can get their head email by searching it online. Good luck.

seriously, i think i'm screwed...... i think i got one last night and one just 10mins ago ( they didnt issue ticket on the spot but i think they jot down my number already .....)... both for parking at double yellow lines and fyi, these 2 areas are common place for parking due to limited parking space and regulars has been parking there for years without much problem but... but.... they super duper ON the ball recently...... seems CNY is nearing and they need bonus... same style like police up north nowadays.......

It's a dead end road btw, no blocking issue.

If u deem illegality by officials = been unjustified, then what's there to say at all in the first place. Are appeals just for mistakes, or do they serve another purpose. Should considerations and justifications be taken into account at all? What about the reason why there's loading/unloading bays in the first place?

Or how abt fairness in treatment? Before the dead end where i was, abt 100m away, at least 5 vehicles are stcked up taking up one of the two lane at a corner! They were not fined. I don't know why and i don't wish to speculate, it is a separate issue wrt my fine but relevant wrt the bigger picture.

I was there for only 5 minutes, what's the chance the warden was called by resident?

Anyway, ask yourself what would justify someone from parking. If you think the letter of the rule is good enough, then so be it.

You can write in to try to appeal. Tell them the facts of what is happening and the reasons for your parking there.

ya i got one on 1st Jan 11pm. Obviously i forgot HDB's free parking on hol only until 10pm. :)

But the way the warden goes about their task is so arbitrary. My friend's car a few lots beside escaped. Not that i wished he got the fine. i don't, but it sure let me see the arbitrariness of Sillypore's 'rules'.

I did. Right after the incident. 3 weeks later the other reply email came back, and said too bad lor. [rolleyes]

Perfectly justified to me. An unjustified parking fine is when you didn't park illegally but still got fined. The circumstances here are clear: You parked illegally. You got fined. Hazard lights are for signalling hazards to other road users and not a "park anywhere you want" ticket.

By your own admission, this is not your first offence and you have failed to learn from previous offences and deserve to be fined. Also, if you were parking by the road side then it is clear that you WERE blocking the road (at least 1 lane of it) and impeding the flow of traffic.

Harsh.

I agree with threadstarter that there must be some kind of flexibility when it comes to loading/unloading... esp when nowadays there are only a couple unloading bays around for hundreds of households to share. The fair thing to do is for the traffic warden to at least wait 10min and if you still don't turn up, then issue the fine. After all, we're living in a 1st world country, not some jail house where there are rules everywhere and every step we take could be a minefield.

Go ahead and re-appeal. I think it's worth explaining. What's the worst it can get? Another rejection? At least make yourself heard.

I did. Right after the incident. 3 weeks later the other reply email came back, and said too bad lor. [rolleyes]

Then it is up to you to pay or not. If you want to appeal one more time, you can go ahead. No guarantee again that they will accept or reject your appeal once more.

Neutral Newbie

Appeal to your MP, if you got a lot of time to waste.

tell him you, your family & neighbours will support him 100% if this anypow got waived.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Break the law still talk like you are some righteous fella?

• Praise 1

Ah .. who's the self righteous one now.

Ever sped above 90kmh before? You agree 100% with every written law in our statute? You think the law does not cater for execuses and justifications?

Now those outsourced warden dun wait anymore.

Last time its was ok to park for 5-10 mins...cos the warden will come back later to see if your ride still around. Only 2nd time then they issue.

Anyway...I find that going to appeal face to face with officer easier. I kenna rejected cos of old waiver. They say waive off 4 time liao (twice was on the same day cos car was waiting for tow truck to come). They also rejected initially but you tell them your reasons etc...sometime they do waive it off.

Anyway...now many pple TL those warden liao...at my place got pple argue with them when they park outside the kopi shop to makan....pple take out their cams and start snapping...they also buay siong...pple tell them go park at the MSCP and tear coupon lah. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement