Volvo S80 @140K A good Buy???

I saw the advert on papers...

With omv of $43K, the PM is about $18K, is it a good buy for a conti flag ship of volvo???

Anyone got more info?

Edited by 7007
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Yes I personally think it is a good buy. I have owned an S40 1.8 for 3yrs, and an S60 2.0T for 5 years. Been eyeing the S80 for long time. The new facelift, with higher HP is really nice to drive. I was at SM showroom the weekend before this deal was advertised, and the best-est they could do for loyal Volvo fan was $153k, from the normal price of $163k. So ended up buying something else last weekend.

Imagine....seeing this ad now 1 week later.

I wonder how they are doing it, but think it's a good price. Beats buying a 6mth old 2nd hand at roughly same price.

If you need a recommendation for SC, PM me.

Hi bro,

I was told mini is 4 figures sum even for basic service.

Is it true the maintenance at SM cost a bomb for almost every service?

(edited)

is this a new car or a demo car? seems like a good price to me...

I believe it is for new car leh!

Edited by 7007

Sounds more like GOOD BYE!

China bought over...

Wrong place to post also... should be under china cars... LOL

Edited by Sw20

New volvos usually come wif a 3-yr, 60,000km (NON-Transferable) Service package. The 4 x 15k service is worth abt $2.5k. If no strings attached i.e full price (not cash rebate price), 2.2% market interest (not some jacked up rate), incl service package, guaranteed COE, then looks like an ok deal. I've owned the T4 and now the T5. The former had lots of bugs but my newer T5 is uber reliable. The S80 has been around for 3yr+ now so they would've sorted out the bugs. Overall, Volvos are great under-rated cars but the 1st owner depreciation can be quite heavy.

That is what they claimed: no string attached!

then no-brainer.. BUY! Hahahaha... One thing i always remember of my S80. It was really solid as a rock. Was involved in a 3 car collision, my s80 in middle. Civic in front. Rover behind. My S80 almost unscathed. The other 2 cars squashed!!

Neutral Newbie

Totally agree!!! had it from back and front and nothing happen only my number plate dented!......rock solid underated car!

then no-brainer.. BUY! Hahahaha... One thing i always remember of my S80. It was really solid as a rock. Was involved in a 3 car collision, my s80 in middle. Civic in front. Rover behind. My S80 almost unscathed. The other 2 cars squashed!!

if its still selling at 140K, go for it. however the markup based on omv is more than 20K for sure, but still a good buy for a solid car with a solid distributor.

i m a new v50 t5 owner, so far so good

I just bought one for delivery in Apr. Car is being manufactured now so its neither a demo or old stock. Price is 139,999 can even pay cash based on this price but without the usual maintenance package although you can buy the maintenance pack for about 3k

Very good buy!! Cheap Cheap.

Hope its really newly manufactured...at least 4 months wait if new?

I just bought one for delivery in Apr. Car is being manufactured now so its neither a demo or old stock. Price is 139,999 can even pay cash based on this price but without the usual maintenance package although you can buy the maintenance pack for about 3k

Edited by Leepee

Very good buy!! Cheap Cheap.

Hope its really newly manufactured...at least 4 months wait if new?

Based on this, may not be as good a buy as those during the Apr - Jun 09 period. Those who bought conti's like Audi and Merc are now selling at SGcarmart for solid profit of 7K - 12 K :wub:

Edited by Sgsw0skl