Which rental company to go for?

Jiawei90

Hi all, I am planning a road trip up to genting and am looking at renting a car to go to Malaysia. Affordable and has good reputation is what i'm looking for. Eg. Breakdown in Malaysia, how? This is my first time going for car rental so need inputs from all the bros here. Thanks in advance! Have a great day bros :] [flowerface]

↡ Advertisement

Hi all, I am planning a road trip up to genting and am looking at renting a car to go to Malaysia. Affordable and has good reputation is what i'm looking for. Eg. Breakdown in Malaysia, how? This is my first time going for car rental so need inputs from all the bros here. Thanks in advance! Have a great day bros :] [flowerface]

try check this out

http://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/listing.php?CAT=5

so u have better view.

Express Car Pte Ltd is k for me but u need to be more than a year of driving expriences to rent [nod]

go with the big names... avis... hertz...

touch wood if accident, stolen or breakdown less trouble for you...

orix has good offers and good condition cars... my last drive up genting was with a sunny from them... think they have a weekend special take friday return mon....

but take note drive into malaysia is extra charges... and if you dont declare you going into malaysia and you do... siao liao if anything happens..

have a safe trip and happy driving [drivingcar]

go with the big names... avis... hertz...

touch wood if accident, stolen or breakdown less trouble for you...

orix has good offers and good condition cars... my last drive up genting was with a sunny from them... think they have a weekend special take friday return mon....

but take note drive into malaysia is extra charges... and if you dont declare you going into malaysia and you do... siao liao if anything happens..

have a safe trip and happy driving [drivingcar]

How much did you pay for the rental alone? Haha, I will declare and not save that few 10 bucks to add on to the worry ;] Not worth the worries! Thanks bro ;]

Seems that Ea*i Rental provides 1 of the best deals with alot of good rep. Any comments from any bros before I commit? And any bros know if there are any top ups for entry to Malaysia? Thanks again

Neutral Newbie

Go to www.euroautoleasing.com.sg. I rented the car from them which i drove into malaysia. You can check the rate from their website. They are also the distributor for fiat. Hope tat help!! :D

How much did you pay for the rental alone? Haha, I will declare and not save that few 10 bucks to add on to the worry ;] Not worth the worries! Thanks bro ;]

i decleared only Johor... but drove to KL... [lipsrsealed]

anyways i really cant remember how much... you can check out their website...

and they always advrtise in classified ads... [:)]

You can consider Premier car rental. Everything is quite transparent from them, unless someone screws but, but the CS manager will still try to help lah. I used to rent from them before I bought my car. Not the cheapest, but definately not the most expansive and decent service.

Breakdown in Malaysia, usually, the company will have a contact for you to call. Like Hertz, they may get you to contact the malaysia offices. Min, you should look for company who have 24/7 back up on phone who can direct you on what to do.

Neutral Newbie

hey guys, i am renting out OPC & Normal Plate cars.. Do give me a beep to inquire.. Call me at 83192176

Neutral Newbie

On the 14th May 2010, I rented a Nissan Sunny with registration plate number SGY 1531M from m/s: Advance Car Rental (co-company of Express Car Rental) located at Block 531 Bukit Batok Street 51 #01-132. Upon calling and confirming my rental on 13th May 2010, I was requested to report to the office for some administration papers. I was attended by one Mr George who is a male Chinese and one Ms Vicky who is a female Chinese and the person in-charge of the company. I was then informed that I need to pay the rental $200 on the spot and will be required to take the car at 1800hrs the next day. I was also informed that I need to return the car on 17th May 2010 at 1800hrs.

On the day of rental, together with my colleague, I took the car at 1800hrs and the same Mr George run thru a vehicle checklist with me. I commented on several paint peeling off and dents on the passenger front bumper and was replied that the company have already been made known off and need not worry anything over the slight dent.

On 17th May 2010, one Mr Haris, representative of the company, called and inform that I need to return the car at 1800hrs. Subsequently, one Ms Vicky who is a female Chinese and the person in-charge of the company called and informed to return the car earlier at 1700hrs as she have secured the car to another customer. As I am still working, I send the car at 1730hrs. Clear dissatisfaction was on the lady face. As she checked the car, she then mentions that the paint on the bumper was peeling off and slight dent can be noticed on the bumper. I reminded her that one Mr George was made known of this issue during the pre-rental vehicle checklist but she still persisted that an accident had happened during the tenure of the rental. She then demanded payment of $250 on the spot. She mentions that I should have checked the car properly and notified Mr George of the dents during the pre rental vehicle checklist. I told her it

Turbocharged

On the 14th May 2010, I rented a Nissan Sunny with registration plate number SGY 1531M from m/s: Advance Car Rental (co-company of Express Car Rental) located at Block 531 Bukit Batok Street 51 #01-132. Upon calling and confirming my rental on 13th May 2010, I was requested to report to the office for some administration papers. I was attended by one Mr George who is a male Chinese and one Ms Vicky who is a female Chinese and the person in-charge of the company. I was then informed that I need to pay the rental $200 on the spot and will be required to take the car at 1800hrs the next day. I was also informed that I need to return the car on 17th May 2010 at 1800hrs.

On the day of rental, together with my colleague, I took the car at 1800hrs and the same Mr George run thru a vehicle checklist with me. I commented on several paint peeling off and dents on the passenger front bumper and was replied that the company have already been made known off and need not worry anything over the slight dent.

On 17th May 2010, one Mr Haris, representative of the company, called and inform that I need to return the car at 1800hrs. Subsequently, one Ms Vicky who is a female Chinese and the person in-charge of the company called and informed to return the car earlier at 1700hrs as she have secured the car to another customer. As I am still working, I send the car at 1730hrs. Clear dissatisfaction was on the lady face. As she checked the car, she then mentions that the paint on the bumper was peeling off and slight dent can be noticed on the bumper. I reminded her that one Mr George was made known of this issue during the pre-rental vehicle checklist but she still persisted that an accident had happened during the tenure of the rental. She then demanded payment of $250 on the spot. She mentions that I should have checked the car properly and notified Mr George of the dents during the pre rental vehicle checklist. I told her it

Neutral Newbie

Sounds bad, friend. Thank you for warning all of us here at MCF!

Anyone know anything about Motorway Car Rentals? The link is http://www.motorwaycarrentals.com/

I am thinking of renting some continental cars for my birthday as a joyride for a few days.

Anyone know if this company is reliable?

Turbocharged

why must you always be so mean? [:p]

damm, when will people ever learn "I do not agree and I dispute that, send me explantion and bill, then we talk."

Kaopeh, still pay. pay already, kaopeh somemore. If thats not idiot, then wat is??? [:p][:p]

↡ Advertisement