Ford Mondeo Ecoboost VS Volkswagen Passat CC

Ferraricalifornia

Hi one and all....

i'm held between these 2 cars....

and would wanna know what would your choices be....

i personally like the Passat CC purely for it's external sleek looks....

however, the boring interior design, as well as cramp rear seats, make this car an impractical car especially for family use....

as for the Ford Mondeo, i'm really looking forward to the 2.0EcoBoost model with 201bhp and 6AT....

the outgoing 2.3Duratec 161bhp just isn't enough for the huge Mondeo body....

i like the Mondeo for its executive looks without breaking the bank, as well as a unique interior, that is both well made and rather stylish at the same time....

the rear seats are also really spacious enough for my family to fit in....

↡ Advertisement

nope not yet....

but the current Ford Mondeo 5dr is retailing for $113,999

(RM is constantly changing the specs the car comes with)

it now comes with twin electric seats, auto headlights with leveling, rear air-vents, leather seats, 16inch alloys, 2-zone air-con, 6airbags, audio-control, cruise control....

i just hope they'll bring in the Titanium X version

it should come with Alcantara ventilative seats, keyless entry and ignition, Screen in speedo, IVDC (Integrated Vehicle Dynamics Control), voice recognition, bluetooth stereo connectivity, rear (automatic) and rear side sunblinds, beige colour interior, 18inch rims, HID headlights, rear LED....etc....

Passat CC sitting on PQ46 (stretched Golf V) platform .... is really quite old. The design is, well, love it or hate it.

Engine and transmission is one of the best (if you choose the 1.8TSI + 7 speed DSG .... surprisingly, the 2.0T only comes with 6speed torque converter auto)

Mondeo 2.0T Ecoboost comes only with 6 speed Powershift (Ford speak for DSG) ... probably will come in with facelift as well. ... and a price tag that probably even shades the Opel Insignia 2.0T.....

For FWD cars, Mondeo is better to drive (i test drove before,... i'd say it is up there with the best ... in the league of E90 and W204), and its really very spacious and has a huge boot. Only problem is the possibly high asking price, possibly low OMV and lack of image.

Turbocharged

act how many cars u wan to buy? :D

Ai yeah he is not buying lah. he is only torn between the 2 car nia. he say he still schooling how to buy [laugh]

Anyway Skoda Superb FTW.

Hi one and all....

i'm held between these 2 cars....

and would wanna know what would your choices be....

i personally like the Passat CC purely for it's external sleek looks....

however, the boring interior design, as well as cramp rear seats, make this car an impractical car especially for family use....

as for the Ford Mondeo, i'm really looking forward to the 2.0EcoBoost model with 201bhp and 6AT....

the outgoing 2.3Duratec 161bhp just isn't enough for the huge Mondeo body....

i like the Mondeo for its executive looks without breaking the bank, as well as a unique interior, that is both well made and rather stylish at the same time....

the rear seats are also really spacious enough for my family to fit in....

FYI the 201 bhp is for the current model with the 2l ecoboost engine.

The new facelifted version coming in the fall has 237 bhp !!

http://paultan.org/2010/06/28/2011-ford-mo...237hp-ecoboost/

the facelift version definitely looks much fresher than the current staid looking model (thanks to RM NOT bringing in the Titanium X model anymore)....

will wait for that to come then!!!

Passat CC sitting on PQ46 (stretched Golf V) platform .... is really quite old. The design is, well, love it or hate it.

Engine and transmission is one of the best (if you choose the 1.8TSI + 7 speed DSG .... surprisingly, the 2.0T only comes with 6speed torque converter auto)

Mondeo 2.0T Ecoboost comes only with 6 speed Powershift (Ford speak for DSG) ... probably will come in with facelift as well. ... and a price tag that probably even shades the Opel Insignia 2.0T.....

For FWD cars, Mondeo is better to drive (i test drove before,... i'd say it is up there with the best ... in the league of E90 and W204), and its really very spacious and has a huge boot. Only problem is the possibly high asking price, possibly low OMV and lack of image.

After VW gone mass mkt = in terms of image it is equal footing with ford

somewhat agree with you on the image front,

but somehow,

the pricing doesn't reflect that leah....

to me,

Mazda = Skoda

Ford = VW

Volvo = Audi

but somehow, the pricing of the left family seems to be lower than that of the right family....

lol....

can explain what do you mean by "held between these 2 cars"?

i doubt its physically held. or finally bringing cheque book to showrooms already?

or you have a imaginery list of cars rated by yourself, in this case duno which is better.......which i find is ridiculous to be in such a "dilemma" if you werent buying either :D

Neutral Newbie

im held between the Lp640 and the 599 leh.. how ah?

LP640 is easy for u to drive.

599 has a loose tail ....

LP640 is easy for u to drive.

599 has a loose tail ....

Since going for lambo ferrari,... go all the way, get the 458 italia ...

As a new Passat CC owner I shall try not to give a biase view, but a biase view is what i shall give, heheh

DSG is great, especially with the Sports model on the transmission and on the suspension.

Fuel consumption is suprisingly low for the weight of the car and what it can do.

All imported CBUs now come with 5 seaters but still have the lower ceiling at the rear, comfortable and cosy nonetheless.

I have not driven a mondeo before but I've read that the ford is better on the curves.

I guess you probably really have to test drive both of them to really get a feel for yourself.

On paper, there's many choices and even reviews out there that does not put the CC on the top list, but its really about personal taste. There's more character and charisma in the VW, IMO. Good luck in choosing! :)

here's my review :

http://vw-dasauto.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-new-passat-cc.html

Edited by Sidestreaker

The problem is that the 2010 Ecoboost version of the Mondeo will not arrive in Singapore until 2011 !! It will be a long wait before the 2011 Ecoboost with 237 bhp arrives in Singapore.

Perhaps some parallel importers will make it happen sooner. I will definitely want to add my name to the waiting list.