FLush/Bleed Brake Fluid : Workshop and cost Lobang

Str2

Neutral Newbie

Hi All,

As most cars here need to have their car brake fluid replace every 2-3 yrs (fluid absorbs moisture and lose braking efficiency) and properly bleed the system (avoid air pockets), let us all contribute some places to go and estimated costs.

Brake system is important and safety aspect even more so due to high humidity here in Singapore.

Some drivers even change brake fluid every year. Well done guys!

With more info, so hoping more drivers will inclined to maintain their brake system whichever part of the island you're at.

Cars with ABS system need to be bleed by vacuum method and those without ABS may simply use the leg pump method.

Let's contribute :

1) Stamf Tyres = bleed by vacuum method, uses Caltex DOT4 , est $40 (Feb 2011)

2) Yap Bro = by vacuum method, uses Indemitsu DOT 4, est $45-$50 (Feb 2011).

3)

4)

Edited by Str2
↡ Advertisement

Hi All,

As most cars here need to have their car brake fluid replace every 2-3 yrs (fluid absorbs moisture and lose braking efficiency) and properly bleed the system (avoid air pockets), let us all contribute some places to go and estimated costs.

Brake system is important and safety aspect even more so due to high humidity here in Singapore.

With more info, so hoping more drivers will inclined to maintain their brake system whichever part of the island you're at.

Cars with ABS system need to be bleed by vacuum method and those without ABS may simply use the leg pump method.

Let's contribute :

3)

4)

which stamford tyres is that?

Edited by Roadhogger

Hi All,

Let's contribute :

3)

4)

I got my regular ws to do it n the ps fluid flush together wh my normal oil change. Additional abt $20 but I bought e ps N brake fluid myself from stockist.

This was done at about 80K km.

But I usually try to flush out some brake fluid whenever I change my brake pads.

Let's contribute :

3) Autobacs = by vacuum method, Labour $20, you have to buy their fluid, eg, Mobil DOT4 500ml $8.60

4)

Autobacs prices are rather reasonable, sometimes even cheaper than our usual workshops.

I did mine at Yap Bros the other day. Changed brake pad, top up brake fluid, did wheel alignment. Total $175. Yap Bros upgraded their system to computerised wheel alignment recently. It's time they upgraded anyway since many places offer the computerised system.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

In 2008, I went to Riverv to flush all 4 brakes (full flush + vacuum bleeding), they used 1 litre of brake fluid.

Bukit Batok branch and if I'm not wrong, all branches are same as this is their package.

the price atated here are brake fluid inclusive?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Yes, price inclusive of brake fluid except for AutoB which you buy brake fluid separately for flushing as mentioned by Sgnick.

• Praise 1

Hi i am now on D1 Specs BBK and its time to change brake pads and bleed system

I am driving a Lancer EX 2.0 GT.

I want to ask if there is any recommendation for a place that do proper brake flushing and VACUUM brake bleeding, the leg method used by many workshop proven to be not very effective as after a few months air entered the brake system again and need to bleed again...

I also want to know if any one of you is on the d1 spec caliper and know that is it possible to use better brake pad than the d1 spec one, looking at a better brake pad also but not sure will it fit into my caliper.

If inconvenient to post recommended place to do brake flush and brake bleed please pm me as the one thread i have found here is dated 2011 thus dont think accurate anymore.

Thanks in advance

• Praise 1

(edited)

With so much development on car brake system over the last few decades, and also the undercarriage is getting more and more congested resulting in the brake pipe runs to bend in all directions to reach the wheels.It's getting very difficult to 100% remove all the trapped air bubbles even if mech use the right bleeding tool but fails to follow the car maker brake bleeding procedure.

Yet we still have not handful but the majority of shops doing brake bleeding using the leg method taught & used by his retire sifu or grandfather. With such mindset how are they going to meet the challenge of a very competitive service market cause by high rental and cheap cheap pull across the causeway. So much for higher productivity talk and move towards the first world service standard.

Edited by Yeobh

How is this done? Can any guru advise? I wanna diy..

You can vacuum bleed the brake system using a hand operated vacuum gun or a one operated via compressed air.

a) Hand operated vacuum pump ( need to add in brake fluid container )

b)Photo show a simple air operated vacuum brake bleeder

c & d) Brake bleeder in operation

post-272-0-20403600-1420945328_thumb.jpg

post-272-0-47698200-1420945337_thumb.jpg

post-272-0-89390000-1420945345_thumb.jpg

post-272-0-88964900-1420945587_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yeobh
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1