Renault Kangoo or Citroen Berlingo?

Cerano

Hi guys

looking into getting one of the town as a daily commode. wont be carrying items but reliability is important. fc too. Which is better?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

both parts are equally expensive and labour is equally expensive, fc wise , the dci85 engine is not bad , but for wear and tear , dont know yet , its still new, base on previous dci 65 , it has this fuel pump problem , keep failing , for dci70 , its alternator is not as lasting as other makes. and its electronics can just spoil all of a sudden. eg, the relays , making it such that u cant shut off ur engine from ejecting the key.

citroen , its spare parts are rare. fc wise i cant comment , nv driven one before , problems wise , at least its more lasting than the renault. thats for sure . but for the new facelift models , im not too sure. the new dci85(renault) has a clutch design flaw though , 3k to replace , doesnt last very long.

Edited by Nismo22

dci70 is ok la...lots of kangoos on the road too as compared to berlingos...

and um mechanic told me berlingos..lots of problems..even dipstick keeps breaking...design flaw it seems

juz make sure u get the 1.5dci70 and not the 1.9dci65..the latter has a lot of issues

mine is 04 kangoo but registered in 05

Neutral Newbie

u might wana consider the Volkswagen caddy , the old turtle shell is running on euro 2 engine , problems aint alot and the parts are more lasting than the kangoo and berlingo , but comfort wise , lose, , or u can try the newer 2.0 volkswagen sdi , just dont get the tdi DSG gearbox one , the dsg has issues . other than that , vw has lesser problems than the rest. do consider

combo parts seems to be pretty expensive..and my fren's combo..had to change an electronic board twice...

one change is 1k plus...

What about Combo? How good is it? Looking to get a used one.

↡ Advertisement