Scary Scary Crash

Toovo1985

I don't know how they felt but that must have been a hell of a scare.

No one was injured in an August 25, 2010 accident near the intersection Hwy 549 and Texas Highway 205 as an 18-wheeler driver lost control the rig, which swept across the highway into parked cars. Rockwall police officers were at the site investigating a previous stranded vehicle when the semi slammed into a police cruiser and two other cars. "It was truly a miracle no died or was hurt." according to a Rockwall police officer.

Check the video here

↡ Advertisement

wow that is scary, wasn't expecting that... they were lucky to escape that

Close shave, and good thing they reacted fast.

wow that is scary, wasn't expecting that... they were lucky to escape that

Lorries, big good vehicles etc should never speed and travel outer lanes. Damn irresponsible to that.

Not bad! At least these folk are still alert! The truck must've jammed brake upon seeing the police cruiser, in those wet, slippery conditions, all you need to lose control like that is your wheels being slightly out of alignment. And this vehicle has 18 of them!!

Neutral Newbie

It was totally scary. I don't know how I would react... I think my feet might get stuck to the ground!!!

having already experienced a similar scary situation (but not involving cars) my feet really got stuck in the ground... i had to be moved :P

Not bad! At least these folk are still alert! The truck must've jammed brake upon seeing the police cruiser, in those wet, slippery conditions, all you need to lose control like that is your wheels being slightly out of alignment. And this vehicle has 18 of them!!

If you are kidding with us. This is ticklish. In case you are serious. This is likely the wrong reason for that tanker to swing around in that manner. Upon seeing the road narrowed by parked vehicles on both sides, the tanker driver applied brakes to slow down. There was limited road adhersion with an empty tanker. Hence the trailer swing around more easily. Negligence in driving. Nothing yo do with wheels alignment. There can be uneven tire wear involved.

probably there were tire screech sound plus horn (?) that provided early warning that something was very wrong.. if not.. all become flat

Edited by Chrispie