Keeping interiors matt

Yanuk

Neutral Newbie

I love my interiors matt, but most of the detailing solutions I found are always for glossy finish. how do i keep the surface matt?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

For me I usually use very tiny amounts of interior protectant applied onto a sponge, then wipe the dashboard with a dry microfibre after a few minutes. Not as oily or glossy. Can also try using Sonax matt cockpit detailer, also not shiny.

Neutral Newbie

sonax? great! where can I find this brand?

Giant supermarket, or Autobacs are the 2 places that I always see this product. If I don't remember wrongly it's around $16-18 per bottle. More or less controlled price, so just go to whichever is closest to you. No point go one big round to save $2. Petrol cost more than that. <_<

any recommendations on which product to use to enable the dashboard and interior to look dark? a little glossy is ok but not too gloss, but must be dark to make the black parts looks new.....

Neutral Newbie

I also use 303 aerospace for dash - good for dressing engine bay too.

Another good brand to look at is CarPro PERL (Plastic Engine Rubber Leather). Can be diluted at different ratios for many applications. I use to soften rubber trim around doors, plastic coded bumpers and tress tires....very versatile!

The best product I've used is Mercedes Benz OEM cockpit cleaner..nice, matte and original finish. Can walk into cycle and carriage to buy only.

↡ Advertisement