Marbella GPS + car cam

Friendstar

Hi all,

Was at PC show.
Bought Marbella GPS... comes with free car cam and free 4gig SD.

at S$189.

wanted to look for Garmin

but lazy to walk around.

quite satisfied with it.

basically its just cheap la

maybe under hot sun will spoil... i dunno

just try try see how.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Comex 2014.

I got one, $199 with free DVR.

To power up, need some luck. Some time can, some time cannot.

Today, I tried to use. Took >10 minutes to lock satellite.

Then, satellite signal lost... satellite lock... lost... lock... I was driving from airport on ECP with big trees.

Then... it reboot....

then, asked me if I want to resume the destination...

But the OK button ... touch, touch, touch.... no response.

then... it power off.

what a lemon gps.. !@##$%^&*()

ya... was using it when in KL.

kept recalculating... recalculating... for nothing. Luckily, I know my way.

what a piece of crab...... no no... pepper crab is much better than this. Marbella GPS! :D

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I second that totally!

I got my Marbella uNav HD7 GPS/DVR at Comex 2014 and have changed once at comex the following day due to no satellite signal found. This second unit is also having the same problem "unable to detect satellite signal", as such i went to the service centre and they add in a booster. However after one week of monitoring the unit, i come to the following conclusion.

1. Unable to detect satellite everytime coming out from underground carpark or sheltered carpark.
2. Unable to detect satellite even at open (unsheltered) carpark.
3. It takes about 10mins to receive satellite signals upon driving on the road, however got several occasions it doesn't has any satellite signal until i've already reached my destination. [smallcry]
4. Under the system testing, even when there are several bubbles, the unit is still having no satellite connection. [speechless]
I have tried testing getting a satellite signal outside of the car and bring it into the car, but the unit also kept having lost satellite connection. As such, this has nothing to do with any forms of solar films.
This 2nd unit I'm having does not really serve the purpose of being a GPS as it is failing to receive satellite signal so frequently. [thumbsdown]
I submitted my problems via their contact website, for 10 days no one address to my concerns pertaining to a failure GPS unit.
Hence I emailed their support team and they replied they will test a brand new set for me and ensure the new batch of uNav HD7 is able to detect satellite before they notify me for collection. Today is the 9th day and have not heard from them.
So i would not recommend people to buy this to avoid all the hassle.
When you are comparing this brand over another brand, you may think you save maybe let's say $20. However you must take into consideration when you need to go to service centre umpteen times and the carpark charges and your time-off/leave may already exceeded the savings you get.

Comex 2014.

I got one, $199 with free DVR.

To power up, need some luck. Some time can, some time cannot.

Today, I tried to use. Took >10 minutes to lock satellite.

Then, satellite signal lost... satellite lock... lost... lock... I was driving from airport on ECP with big trees.

Then... it reboot....

then, asked me if I want to resume the destination...

But the OK button ... touch, touch, touch.... no response.

then... it power off.

what a lemon gps.. !@##$%^&*()

ya... was using it when in KL.

kept recalculating... recalculating... for nothing. Luckily, I know my way.

what a piece of crab...... no no... pepper crab is much better than this. Marbella GPS! :D

• Praise 2

I'm using Marbella too, a 5" screen type one. I do agree sometime the searching for reception took too long. Frustrating Esp when I need to know where to hit the nearest expressway from an unknown location. I think my android phone, Google map can serve better, provided nobody calls me mist of my journey.

• Praise 2

Mine Geomate500, have been using for about a year. Try to turn it on after going out fm MSCP and should take about 2-4 mins to get satelite signal locked. Key your destination address after then. Wasnt like it when just bought, but now can be quite handy. Well I find the camera software is quite crappy..

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Mine Geomate500, have been using for about a year. Try to turn it on after going out fm MSCP and should take about 2-4 mins to get satelite signal locked. Key your destination address after then. Wasnt like it when just bought, but now can be quite handy. Well I find the camera software is quite crappy..

U mean the device does not auto turn on when you start the ignition (assuming the power plug is in the 12V socket) ?

Thought my 2 year old Garmin gps was crap when it always take me 走冤枉路..but looking at the reviews of the Marbella... Which is total failure as a gps, at least the Garmin it lock on signal in maybe 10-20 sec...

• Praise 1

Thought my 2 year old Garmin gps was crap when it always take me 走冤枉路..but looking at the reviews of the Marbella... Which is total failure as a gps, at least the Garmin it lock on signal in maybe 10-20 sec...

Routing depends on the map creator and what you set.

For faster time, it will take the expressways (the roads in the map should be marked as such)

For shorter distance, it will take the direct path, even if it means cutting through somebody's backyard, if the road is wrongly marked.

So there's always give and take and understanding what the gps software does, and what map it has to deal with.

U mean the device does not auto turn on when you start the ignition (assuming the power plug is in the 12V socket) ?

Well I didn't plug it in by default.

Hi,

I want to buy a DVR that comes with integrated GPS navigator, preferably with dual-cam. Was actually looking at Marbella Unav HD7 but wasn't entirely satisfied with 720P only & it has only 1 cam. I tried comparing it with other GPS like Geomate 500S, MX6 & QB6. Then I saw this thread which caused serious doubts about Marbella...

Anyone who knows of a good DVR with in-built GPS? Thanks a lot!