Strut bars is it really useful?

Weiz87

Struct bar are use more for tracking and racing.

A normal b&b car is already well engineered to handle the conditions of city driving, esp in SG's chicken feet roads. Adding structbars will have much justifiable effects when taking the car in corners of a normal traffic junction or winding road....Unless you corner so hard that your tires screeches everytime you turn.

Also it depends on the car. Adding the wrong structbars to the wrong car will cause the chassis to be "overengineered" resulting to unexpected handling during emergency manuvers.

And judging by the way people drive in SG lately, better to invest on a rollcage than struct bars..

Edited by Pocus

Neutral Newbie

[quote name='Pocus' date='Dec 11 2012, 05:42 PM' post='4701458'

And judging by the way people drive in SG lately, better to invest on a rollcage than struct bars..

haha..

Neutral Newbie

depends on what you wana improve on for yr car.

personally, for all the "bars", anti-roll bars are the most effective.

but does it really improve ur cornering? handling?

I have installed anti-roll bars as well as strut braces on my rides (MPVs and sedans) and my view is that they help to improve the handling of the vehicles, especially the anti-roll bars (rear for FWDs and both front+rear for AWDs). The strut braces are to tighten the chassis and they reduce the flexing that happens particularly for larger vehicles such as MPVs e.g. Alphard or Elgrand. The degree of stiffening required depends on the make and model of the vehicle and it is impossible to have a one-size-fits-all kind of fitting. You may want to consider brands such as Ultra-racing or Whiteline which have vehicle-specific fittings (for more significant improvements) although the costs are much higher.

I think the most popular is the lupsup bars [gorgeous]

But seriously. Useful? Not for most people. Unless you're driving hard enough that chassis flex and the corresponding suspension geometry shifts are bugging you. But maybe it's a case of psychological shiokness. Makes you/your car "feel" sportier.

Unless you're wearing a helmet and strapped into a 4/5 point harness on your daily drives, rollcages can be very dangerous.

If these are legal I would fit them on my car too. :D

i dont know about strut bars but in this day and age, i think bull bars or kangeroo bars are really useful :D

Driving hard is relative so I think it is difficult to apply this across the board for all drivers. No offence intended but an auntie driving at 80km/h on the expressway may consider herself already "driving hard".

I think the most popular is the lupsup bars [gorgeous]

But seriously. Useful? Not for most people. Unless you're driving hard enough that chassis flex and the corresponding suspension geometry shifts are bugging you. But maybe it's a case of psychological shiokness. Makes you/your car "feel" sportier.

Unless you're wearing a helmet and strapped into a 4/5 point harness on your daily drives, rollcages can be very dangerous.

Any car needs a little flex for any of its 4 tyres to get grip on uneven grounds. Anti rolls and struts bars, under brace, engine struts still needs the last contact with the road, rims and tyres.

imho, anti-roll bars improve the cornering most. confirm can feel the effect, for strut bars not really.

Strut bar are useful when u leave It in the boot, Esp trips to Msia, Can use as a weapon to defend yourself :D :D

Pocus, you sure rollcage enough anot? I think a 30mm Armour plating at all door would be safer in spore. Should be more then enough to stop the Ferrari at Rocher [:p]

Back to main topic lol, yeah strut bars/ tower bar are useful to improve cornering, It reduce flexing of car body and tie the top of your suspension together.

But for normal Spore driving, there is no need to install a strut bar at all. Save the money.

Any car needs a little flex for any of its 4 tyres to get grip on uneven grounds.

Wat rubbish! [:p]

Edited by Vidz