Pilot Sport 3 or F1 Asymmetric 2?

Soya

Been on CSC3 the last 2 tyre changes (great tyre btw) and looking to try out something new. Used the Asymmetric 1 b4 and the wet grip and low noise levels were excellent. Haven't tried PS b4 tho.

So PS3 or Asy2?

↡ Advertisement

Very personal at this level. Both hard fight on overall scores. I like PS3...cheaper. Relatively quiet, good wet grip and side wall is soft. You can vary the tyre pressure to adjust the stiffness.

Any one would not disappoint. So it comes down to price.

• Praise 1

Been on CSC3 the last 2 tyre changes (great tyre btw) and looking to try out something new. Used the Asymmetric 1 b4 and the wet grip and low noise levels were excellent. Haven't tried PS b4 tho.

So PS3 or Asy2?

I am on my 2nd set of PS3. Consistently good until around 30,000km. Have not tried Asym. If you are also considering CSC5....stick to CSC3 which I find better. CSC5 wear out pretty fast, around 15,000km, the grip, etc... deteriorate noticeably.

Edited by Silver_blade

Am on F1A2 currently. Superb wet/dry grip plus quiet and comfy all the way till 40k. After 40k everything still good except a little bit noisier and slight wheelspin off the traffic light in the rain.

Heard PS3 wear out quite fast but haven't not tried it. Will be going for another set of F1A2 again. My tyre size 225/45R17

• Praise 1

Thanks for all the replies, bros.

According to blackcircles, seems like the F1 is a little quieter, juz as grippy while maintaining less rolling resistance compared the the PS3.

Am on PS3 for first 1k+ km. Took it on NSH cruising 140-160km/h. Grips well dry and wet. No complains in this department. 195/55/15 corners decently.

Not too sure about noise. My previous owner put sound proofing and I can't even hear the engine idling at traffic lights... so... Noise sounds fine to me too [drivingcar]

Edited by Pplater

Have been through 2 sets of tyres, now onto my third set - and my mileage is under 102,000km [laugh]

Goodyear F1 Assymetric 1 --> Goodyear F1 Assymetric 2 --> CSC 3

Like the grip and hardness of the Asymmetrics, .. can corner hard while accelerating, .. and car still feels stable.

CSC 3 feels a lot lighter, ... and softer, .. when I do the same (ie. corner hard while accelerating), ... the car does feel a tad wobbly. It's a lot quieter than Asymmetrics though.

Given that I change my tyres every 35-40K km, .. I'm also wondering what my next set will be ... :wacko: