RAV4 vs Forester vs CX 5 vs CR-V

Bismarck

Turbocharged

For discussion purpose, any comments on the abovementioned Jap SUVs? Please try not to compare with conti SUVs.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Forester is AWD and the rest only 2WD right? If so, that comparison is not equal liao.

If TS is buying it to travel in Malaysia, then suggest get the Forester. If local use, my pick would be the CRV.

Turbocharged

do consider Mits outlander too.

New model coming up? If not, no I would not consider if I am looking for SUV.

Turbocharged

Forester is AWD and the rest only 2WD right? If so, that comparison is not equal liao.

If TS is buying it to travel in Malaysia, then suggest get the Forester. If local use, my pick would be the CRV.

I have test drive Forester before and I love it. 4 speed but so what. New model came out liao so I want a comparison between these 4 models which are quite new.

Turbocharged

Cx-5 for me.

The FC stated is definitely one of the best among the 4. Did you test drive the car before? How was it?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

For me, new RAV4 with all the required features and high safety specs given. [;)]

AWD and 7 speed gearbox and turning radius of 5.3m and interior is conti feel plus DRL. :D

Been eyeing for this new model with good reliability brand, just boh lui to buy niah..... [bigcry]

Edited by Boyboy_74

Turbocharged
(edited)

For me, new RAV4 with all the required features and high safety specs given. [;)]

AWD and 7 speed gearbox and turning radius of 5.3m and interior is conti feel plus DRL. :D

Been eyeing for this new model with good reliability brand, just boh lui to buy niah..... [bigcry]

Yeah. I saw the new release of Forester and RAV4 and it makes my saliva dripped [laugh]

I still undecided whether to keep my eye still on Mazda 6 or try out a SUV. Wife has been bugging me to go for SUV though. The only thing stopping me is $$$ and question mark on driving pleasure from SUV.

Edited by Bismarck

Supersonic

In terms of the exterior design, i like CX5 most cause saw a few CX5 on the road before, it looks nice esp on white or red colour.

Well in terms of looks, I wil give thumbs up for the CX5 n CRV. However for the good looks to last, it will b the CRV! U will b impress by the ride too. Nothing that the Korean can match!

For discussion purpose, any comments on the abovementioned Jap SUVs? Please try not to compare with conti SUVs.

Forester. I have driven the previous one before. A bit zhng one. Lowered. And 2.5T.. wow.. power. Handles very close to a sedan.

Turbocharged

Well in terms of looks, I wil give thumbs up for the CX5 n CRV. However for the good looks to last, it will b the CRV! U will b impress by the ride too. Nothing that the Korean can match!

Korean? Not at this point and in this thread :D

I am leaning towards Forester and CX-5. RAV4 price is on the high side for me but definitely worth it based on the specs given. On the other hand I am still not sure about the CR-V. I remembered in 2009 I was checking out both 2nd hand Forester and CR-V and test drive Forester but not CR-V. I thought both look great. But the current CR-V's spec is disappointing given the price.

Turbocharged

Forester. I have driven the previous one before. A bit zhng one. Lowered. And 2.5T.. wow.. power. Handles very close to a sedan.

I tend to trust Subaru and Mazda for driving pleasure.

Supersonic

The new CRV design not very nice as compared to the previous CRV. And always find honda cars overpriced, so still like CX5.