FireStorm Ignition Coil Booster

Stinkray

Oh please dun get it. This item surface on jb market many years ago. Firstly few months no issue. After few months problem surface like plug coil burn out, spark plug overheated and melted and diode drop off. Need to conduct top overhaul for worst.

Specify spark plug are needed for different cars.... wonder why one add something to change the spark plug properties....counting death....

u checked? Got ppl die? Can show link?

Saw in another forum got many bro used it and other than saying smoother pickup + better fc, no e reported got any problem.

i would say do not believe all reviews you read in the forum

u checked? Got ppl die? Can show link?

counting death =找死。。。= is also used to mean ''finding problem''.......doesn't mean people died.....what I wrote is my opinion......can't have agree and disagree?

Edited by LoverofCar

im using this for abt 6 months already. gotta say it does help in terms of fc n smoother acceleration BUT dont take my word for it. if u wana try it, take the risk. otherwise, dont.

Im on this item for 1 years plus, so far so good. The effect is quite similiar to Throtle controller(Pivot).

I have tried taking out from my ride and the whole car was quite lag as compare with it. Not a bad Mod.

Is this like those spark plug booster. EG increase voltage to plugs from 12v to 15v ?

Btw do these stuff increase FC ?

• Praise 1

from what I read from hot stuff mag years ago, I infer its meant for those iridium tip plugs that can withstand high heat. In the mag, they also attached photo/graph which show that appreciable gains only start from >3.5k rpm. With diff between w & w/o most apparent between 5-6k rpm.

Hence, for those light footers who mostly keep things <3k rpm, should not feel diff.

However, theres also argument that claim old worn engine may have incomplete combustion. In this case, a bigger hotter spark can help mitigate this.

I don't think it is really that safe to install this product?

Yes it generates a lot more spark but it looks like it is going to burn down the whole car.

from what I read from hot stuff mag years ago, I infer its meant for those iridium tip plugs that can withstand high heat. In the mag, they also attached photo/graph which show that appreciable gains only start from >3.5k rpm. With diff between w & w/o most apparent between 5-6k rpm.

Hence, for those light footers who mostly keep things <3k rpm, should not feel diff.

However, theres also argument that claim old worn engine may have incomplete combustion. In this case, a bigger hotter spark can help mitigate this.

You can only put so much low voltage to get so much high voltage, based on your ignition coil.

Alternator output already pushed the low voltage to 14Vdc.

Pushing it higher and you risk overheated and damaged coil and shutdown of engine.

A spark only needs that much high tension to form in the gap and burn the fuel/air mix.

Raising high tension 10x doesn't mean you get anything more, besides stressing the coil.

Power comes from fuel/air mix exploding at the correct timing, not how much thunder and lightning you can squeeze into the combustion chamber.

• Praise 1