320i engine potential

slickshifters

Anyone know how much can i push out of the BMW 320i turbo engine? I am guessing it can go much further than the output of 245hp from the 328i...

By the time you spent the money to change the intake, camshafts, bigger turbo, exhaust manifold, downpipes, cats, cat backs, you might as well have gotten the 328i.

• Praise 4

By the time you spent the money to change the intake, camshafts, bigger turbo, exhaust manifold, downpipes, cats, cat backs, you might as well have gotten the 328i.

That's not true. a quick search on google reveals that all the above you mentioned are similar. only engine tune and pistons shape might be different.

Im just curious has any 320i owner pushed past 270hp.

Anyone know how much can i push out of the BMW 320i turbo engine? I am guessing it can go much further than the output of 245hp from the 328i...

Engine will have a short life-span...void warranty also.

I guess 2013 320 is using a low turbo boost of the same engine in 328i along with minor engine modifications. To be honest i dont see why an increase of 60 horses from 184 to 245hp through a ecu reflash is not possible.

Discussed to death, especially since the US also started getting the 320i.

Google is your best friend.

Hint: BMS stage II, flex fuel, supersprint, er downpipe...and you will probably still need to upsize the intercooler, but there doesn't seem to be any option at the moment...

Reality: By the time you spend all the money for those stuff, plus the hassle of demod when you want to go LTA or possibly pml for warranty work, you are really not far off from a 328i or m135i.

• Praise 2

get a 328i since you are seriously looking for power

if still no enough, zheng it to >300bhp and >400Nm

Edited by Wt_know

Discussed to death, especially since the US also started getting the 320i.

Google is your best friend.

Hint: BMS stage II, flex fuel, supersprint, er downpipe...and you will probably still need to upsize the intercooler, but there doesn't seem to be any option at the moment...

Reality: By the time you spend all the money for those stuff, plus the hassle of demod when you want to go LTA or possibly pml for warranty work, you are really not far off from a 328i or m135i.

hmmm interesting. as far as i know 328i stock intercooler is the same as the 320i....

i agree the m135i is a great car though but i sedans are prettier imo.

flashing the ecu will not give you so much increase HP, if you up your boost without upgrading your hardware and de-cat , your engine will not be able to take it.

your gearbox may not take the increase in the higher hp too..

but the way warranty will be void, and risk LTA checks too.

hmmm interesting. as far as i know 328i stock intercooler is the same as the 320i....

i agree the m135i is a great car though but i sedans are prettier imo.

at 270hp+, you are trying to squeeze out even more power than the 328i...heat soak may be an issue after a few pulls.

Typical Singaporean car buyer mentality. Buy 320 & mod to 335.

Pls lah. Buy 328.

Wrong. Is buy 316i and mod to m3 body kit.

• Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

at 270hp+, you are trying to squeeze out even more power than the 328i...heat soak may be an issue after a few pulls.

Wrong. Is buy 316i and mod to m3 body kit.

How come no one ask about squeezing 211hp from 316? It is the same block as Mini Cooper S.

• Dislike 4

Give them a break. Some people just have that zhng my car hobby. It is a recognised passion.. look at those car shows.. how many are pure stock?

It will also be very boring if all cars are stock on the road.

BTW, I am not that one that junked you. :)