Do I need to change tyre?

Penn1

FINALLY...I can start a new topic.

Can check with all the expert here...is my tyre condition worn out?

Actually I don't like the comfort level of this tyre. It's a Falken 912. Profile is 215/55/18.

Was told there is no more such tyre profile in the market. But when check with agent, agent told me Kumho still have such profile.

Anyway, not going back to Falken. Nor I am interesting in Kumho. Both are budget tyre but doesn't give me the comfort level I desire.

Another opinion is what other alternative profile tyre can I change to?

TIA.

post-138074-0-37523900-1385540938_thumb.jpg

post-138074-0-47692400-1385540949_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

first please share what car you driving

this is such a unusual size , I doubt you will have much choice.

if is the original size on your Original original rim

please stick to your size 215/55/18 if this size is available

unless otherwise no choice

base on the pictures shown (2 only) to stretches it for couple of thousand Kilometer is not a problem BUT

don't go too fast when rain

happy driving

This tyre size is very rare. I guess you might have to switch to another tyre size that has the same cirumference or diameter so you have more options.

Try this:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

225/50R18 perhaps?

And yes, the indicator is touching the thread already. Time to change, esp now rainy season.

Edited by Fcw75

noted that in SG Yoko earth 1 is available. Didn't seem to see any Yoko Blu earth though. Not avail in sg?

Also, so far, which is the best amongst the budget brands for smaller tyres?

Please change out these 912, they are terrible. I had 912 on before and my ABS, kept activating.

Ever consider Continentals or Michelin? tires are the only 4 points of contact for your car.

Drive safe.

Cheers

• Praise 1

is such a rare car and model

But I will still advise you to ask around for the same size tyre .

try not to upsize because your stock rim is narrow, putting on too wide tyre on narrow rim will also affect the performance of tyre and handling of car

try falken , yokohama , Korean tire Kumho may have.

technically the size is priority.

is no point like mounting a Formula 1 tyre (best in the world ) But wrong size fitting ,

Just MHO

if really no choice I think the best conversion for your case 225/55/18 (also a special size too)

FINALLY...I can start a new topic.

Can check with all the expert here...is my tyre condition worn out?

Actually I don't like the comfort level of this tyre. It's a Falken 912. Profile is 215/55/18.

Was told there is no more such tyre profile in the market. But when check with agent, agent told me Kumho still have such profile.

Anyway, not going back to Falken. Nor I am interesting in Kumho. Both are budget tyre but doesn't give me the comfort level I desire.

Another opinion is what other alternative profile tyre can I change to?

TIA.

Why dun u consider tires like Michelin n Continential. These r good trusted brands on the market.

Try to get a tire size as close to what u need but slightly out sud b ok.

Yr car is heavier. Get good grippy tires cos parts if damaged in an accident r very expensive. Invest in good quality tires.

Please change out these 912, they are terrible. I had 912 on before and my ABS, kept activating.

Ever consider Continentals or Michelin? tires are the only 4 points of contact for your car.

Drive safe.

Cheers

Ya I tried Falkens only once long ago n never used them again. [thumbsdown]

I also feel Michelin n Continentials wil b a better choice for that car.

Thank you guys...was great help.

Finally changed my tyres to Toyo C1S. Needless to say Falken tyre is no where comparable to Toyo in terms of comfort, grip and braking distance. The ride is sooooooooo much more quiet now. But still Falken has its plus point. In wet road condition the tyre perform well.

Lets wait for wet condition and see how this set of tyre perform? Understand C1S doesn't do as well.

Thank you guys...was great help.

Finally changed my tyres to Toyo C1S. Needless to say Falken tyre is no where comparable to Toyo in terms of comfort, grip and braking distance. The ride is sooooooooo much more quiet now. But still Falken has its plus point. In wet road condition the tyre perform well.

Lets wait for wet condition and see how this set of tyre perform? Understand C1S doesn't do as well.

to be fair to falken or any used tyre

most new tyres are quieter and better in wet condition because of deeper tyre groove for water channeling .

A real Good tyre is Low noise and good grip throughout the life span of the tyre.

we do have some drivers are comfortable with falken tyre who only need a tyre for the car

↡ Advertisement