Poll: 6 series Gran Coupe vs CLS vs Panny vs A7

Wolfverine

CLS vs BMW 6GC vs A7 vs Panamera  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which 4 door coupe would you go for?

• CLS
    • BMW 6GC
    • A7
    • Panamera

Upon request from the other thread I started, looking for consensus on the above 4 cars. Which one would you go for?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Upon request from the other thread I started, looking for consensus on the above 4 cars. Which one would you go for?

i almost thought this post started by T2 [laugh] [laugh]

I really love the looks of the cls but somehow i voted 6GC lol.

It gives me the best road presence among the above 4.

Sat before in the panorama but never had the chance to sit in the other 3.

New?

For new, please do not buy cls or a7. New facelift coming out for these 2 models.

For me, I do not like to buy outdated stuffs, so I will not be happy if I bought it new and a new facelift came out in 2-3 months time.

Thanks for the advice! Any idea when 6GC is due for facelift?

For new, please do not buy cls or a7. New facelift coming out for these 2 models.

For me, I do not like to buy outdated stuffs, so I will not be happy if I bought it new and a new facelift came out in 2-3 months time.

(edited)

Panamera of course. It's a Porsche.

Call me a badge whore if you want. Spent so much money of course get a Porsche lah.

Edited by Watwheels

I also thought about what you just said and in fact, the entry Panny is about same price as the 6GC but @ that price, it is basically a .... basic car :D ! As you might know, every option from Porsche will add on and to spec it to the 6GC, it will cost an additional $60k :wacko:. In terms of seating, the 6GC also offers a 2+1 behind which has a bit more flexibility but the +1 is really for young child or small size adult. For the Panny (and also the CLS), the back is strictly 2 pax.

Hmm... I'm more and more incline to go with the 6GC and the general consensus seems to also give that same endorsement [thumbsup] !

Call me a badge whore if you want. Spent so much money of course get a Porsche lah.

Thanks for the advice! Any idea when 6GC is due for facelift?

Not too sure but it should be around 1-2 years from now. If you are getting the cls, try to wait a while more. It should be coming in by year end.

While CLS has nice curves, it can look a bit weird from certain angles. The drive is certainly not as good as GC or Panamera.

GC looks sporty and tight, is likely to age gracefully even when a new generation is launched (just look at the old 6-series coupe). It handles well and is possibly the fastest of the 4 (provided you do not compare with the higher end Panemera 4.8 or Turbo)..

A7 looks good on its own, but is too similar to the cheaper A5. Its equipment level is probably the best both in terms of usefulness and layout. Its straight line acceration is fantastic but may not handle cornering as well as GC or Panamera.

Panamera has a stong identity being the only sedan in the Porshe family. Unless CLS, GC and A7, it does not have lower end entry models like GLA, 2-series / 4-series and A5 respectively that serve to dilute its status. In terms of looks, it is not as sleek as CLS, A7 or GC. It may look even a bit weighty and clumsy. But some people prefer the presence that it commands. It is also true that if you tick all the options to make the Panamera to be equally equipped as A7 or GC, it may cost you $40 to 60k more than GC. But when you buy a Panamera, you are separating yourself from the other 3 German brands, which have lower end models.

For the person who started this post, have you considered the newly launched Maserati Ghibli? It is a brand new model that is slotted below Quattroporte. I think is has just arrived in Hong Seh's showroom this month. It is priced simiar to the basic Panemera, around $450k. It will certainly be differentiated from CLS, A7 and GT.

Thanks for the comparison!

I'm not really badge conscious nor do I mind model/status dilution... just want something that is nice to drive, pleasant looking and best value for $$ at that price range! From your comparison, sounds like 6GC is the one that will fit my requirements based on the 4 choices.

I did think about the Ghibli (the price now is lower than 450k and lower than the 6GC M Sports!) but heard many horror stories about the reliability of the brand from friends who own the Masers ...

While CLS has nice curves, it can look a bit weird from certain angles. The drive is certainly not as good as GC or Panamera.

GC looks sporty and tight, is likely to age gracefully even when a new generation is launched (just look at the old 6-series coupe). It handles well and is possibly the fastest of the 4 (provided you do not compare with the higher end Panemera 4.8 or Turbo)..

A7 looks good on its own, but is too similar to the cheaper A5. Its equipment level is probably the best both in terms of usefulness and layout. Its straight line acceration is fantastic but may not handle cornering as well as GC or Panamera.

Panamera has a stong identity being the only sedan in the Porshe family. Unless CLS, GC and A7, it does not have lower end entry models like GLA, 2-series / 4-series and A5 respectively that serve to dilute its status. In terms of looks, it is not as sleek as CLS, A7 or GC. It may look even a bit weighty and clumsy. But some people prefer the presence that it commands. It is also true that if you tick all the options to make the Panamera to be equally equipped as A7 or GC, it may cost you $40 to 60k more than GC. But when you buy a Panamera, you are separating yourself from the other 3 German brands, which have lower end models.

For the person who started this post, have you considered the newly launched Maserati Ghibli? It is a brand new model that is slotted below Quattroporte. I think is has just arrived in Hong Seh's showroom this month. It is priced simiar to the basic Panemera, around $450k. It will certainly be differentiated from CLS, A7 and GT.

I will not recommend light colored interiors. My previous car has a light grey interior, and I would say that it gets dirty very easily.

It is almost impossible to maintain as after cleaning it, you will get patches of light and dark grey due to uneven strength when u scrub it. And if you scrub too hard, the leather will peel.

Got a black interior in my current ride, just wipe it with a wet cloth and it is good as new.

Any thoughts about this exterior color (tanzanite blue) with the corresponding interior...

ScreenShot2014-05-18at120437am_zpscd9b64

DSC01849_zps5ce3d50a.jpg

I thought Panamera is a lot more expensive than the other 3? I feel it is not an apple to apple comparison.

↡ Advertisement