Falken Azenis FK-453

Hamburger

tyre due for a change and haave narrowed to 3 choices:

Falken Azenis FK-453

Neuton NT8000

Nexen N8000

all three are quite similar priced with my choice to be Neuton, but alas....asked few shops and all said same thing. Only 2011 stock available. :wacko:

i have never been a fan of falken but this MIJ flagship model seems not bad.

Any feed backs and comments are welcomed. [flowerface]

btw, now on Nokian and ,,,,,,,,nevermind [crazy]

↡ Advertisement

I have been using the N 6000, on my third set now. Its holds up good enough for my driving. Wet is good, Dry as well. Lasts well for its budget. I have no complaints. Noise? I have two layer SP and a good ICE onboard, so don bother me too.

Falkens, I personally would not go there. What car u driving bro?

For me It doesn't bother me, I was on Bridgestone S001, Yokohama ADR or something like that, expensive tyres which are not required for everyday driving unless got money to blow of course. Go to tyre review for some ideas.

I am thinking of trying out the N8000 on my next set of rubbers, actually the Neuton looks just as fine.

Aiyah, 95% of the time, the tyres are under utilised just as well, well at least for me. Unless you go tracking or hit the NSH often.

• Praise 1

I am on Azenis FK453 cc UHP. Tyre profile is 235/50R18.

Am riding a SUV (note: School Utility Vehicle) :D

Road feedback is;

Noise? Acceptable. Stays planted to the ground. And mine is an XL tyre, so more or less might be 'noisier' as some people says...

Highway noise wise, i think its bearable. I did 180+ @ nshw while blasting music.

So what road noise to listen to? Wahahaha

Grip wise, Yes. Its rather grippy. Before change, my fc is abt average 12-13km/ltr.

Now its about 10.5km/ltr.

Steering more responsive, brake more jiak.

Wet weather, grip ok too imho. Imho, cut water swee swee.

Imho, this tyre is an under rated tyre. Alot of people like to 听人家说.

To me, best is use it and u know.

Ps: i cannot say how much i got it. It is a deal that i cannot resist from my sibei blardy good buddy.

Disclaimer: whatever reviews on this tyre is based on my own driving style. I am a non aggressive driver. I ride like orr kui...

My meat may be your poison.

Different folks, different strokes.

• Praise 3

Road feedback is;

Noise? Acceptable. Stays planted to the ground. And mine is an XL tyre, so more or less might be 'noisier' as some people says...

Highway noise wise, i think its bearable. I did 180+ @ nshw while blasting music.

Grip wise, Yes. Its rather grippy. Before change, my fc is abt average 12-13km/ltr.

Ps: i cannot say how much i got it. It is a deal that i cannot resist from my sibei blardy good buddy.

Disclaimer: whatever reviews on this tyre is based on my own driving style. I am a non aggressive driver. I ride like orr kui...

XL ? extra loud?

for me I will position these 3 tyre as 453 / nexenn8000 drop that newton

you are right that many peoples like to I heard from people ( 1source)

but how can each of everyone to try every product

• Praise 1

I have been using the N 6000, on my third set now. Its holds up good enough for my driving. Wet is good, Dry as well. Lasts well for its budget. I have no complaints. Noise? I have two layer SP and a good ICE onboard, so don bother me too.

Falkens, I personally would not go there. What car u driving bro?

For me It doesn't bother me, I was on Bridgestone S001, Yokohama ADR or something like that, expensive tyres which are not required for everyday driving unless got money to blow of course. Go to tyre review for some ideas.

I am thinking of trying out the N8000 on my next set of rubbers, actually the Neuton looks just as fine.

Aiyah, 95% of the time, the tyres are under utilised just as well, well at least for me. Unless you go tracking or hit the NSH often.

as a matter of facts, i tried N7000, S001 and I am too skeptical about falken tyres. But 453 being a flagship may have its merit. Me driving one that is owned by a chinese consortium and it aint a volvo... :D

Road feedback is;

mmmmh, FC went up, thats peculiar. Anyway for now 453 sounds good to me after your kind review. [thumbsup]

XL ? extra loud?

for me I will position these 3 tyre as 453 / nexenn8000 drop that newton

you are right that many peoples like to I heard from people ( 1source)

but how can each of everyone to try every product

actually neuton is rated best of the 3 tyres among many reviews. It was my top priority until i guess the supplier stopped bringing in fresh one.

mmmmh, FC went up, thats peculiar. Anyway for now 453 sounds good to me after your kind review. [thumbsup]

actually neuton is rated best of the 3 tyres among many reviews. It was my top priority until i guess the supplier stopped bringing in fresh one.

FC can indeed increase if there is more friction. And more grip equates to more friction and that explain why fc increase abit.

I am not much concern about fc.

Take note, this series is a UHP tyre. Threadwear is 300 only.

So not as tahan as those higher threadwear tyres.

For me is can tahan 35k i very contented.

Becos the higher threadwear equals to harder compound.

Which also means lesser grip during dry and wet.

This is from my layman point of view.

Still newbie in tyres and ride.

FC can indeed increase if there is more friction. And more grip equates to more friction and that explain why fc increase abit.

I am not much concern about fc.

Take note, this series is a UHP tyre. Threadwear is 300 only.

So not as tahan as those higher threadwear tyres.

For me is can tahan 35k i very contented.

Becos the higher threadwear equals to harder compound.

Which also means lesser grip during dry and wet.

This is from my layman point of view.

Still newbie in tyres and ride.

Your views are pretty same as mine. I change tyres every year and 40k is a benchmark for me. I use 45 series all this while and these are never meant to be lasting anyway. Grip matters more.

Your views are pretty same as mine. I change tyres every year and 40k is a benchmark for me. I use 45 series all this while and these are never meant to be lasting anyway. Grip matters more.

Yah lor.

Btw, forgot to mention that i find it strange that your 1st post says that all shops claimed that the tyre is dated 2011?

Then abit weird liao. I got mine dated 2012.

I got the rubbers last year (before cny i think).

Yah lor.

Btw, forgot to mention that i find it strange that your 1st post says that all shops claimed that the tyre is dated 2011?

Then abit weird liao. I got mine dated 2012.

I got the rubbers last year (before cny i think).

year 2011 was meant for neuton. I believe 453 is only launched in 2012...

Yes, before 453 was 452 and I had it on my previous ride Focus 18" and didn't disappoint me. Did rotation every 5K n lasted amazingly up to 53K km. I was surprise.

My pick on ur list will be 453. :-)

• Praise 1

Yes, before 453 was 452 and I had it on my previous ride Focus 18" and didn't disappoint me. Did rotation every 5K n lasted amazingly up to 53K km. I was surprise.

My pick on ur list will be 453. :-)

Onz lah....

u see 1010tires or other site reviews, good gauge

most complain is noise for 453...but otherwise grip is good

actually the reviews are a bit extreme, either one love it or frown on it.

the thread pattern do not look noisy, maybe its the soft compound that generates the noise and high wear.

So what set of rubbers did you change to?

How is the feel of new rubbers?

as with other reviews, its not the most quiet tyre around but still acceptable.

The side wall stiffness is about right. Both dry and wet handling is as expected.

Feel its a more value for money tyre when compared to nexen 8000 in terms of prestige,

hopefully can last me at least 35k.

btw, the nokian V i used went out of shape while traveling to KL, really cmi tyre.... [thumbsdown]