Any one know about the new Infiniti Q50

JOHNKHOR

Neutral Newbie

Dear all car lover may I have any of your advice about Infiniti Q50 .
ThAnk you

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Just knew it used the Nissan FM chassis,which is used in today's 370z,comes with Mercedes Benz 2 litres Turbo-charged engine-[same engine as E250],that is good for 211 Bhp...the 3.7,V6.[370z engine].not coming here....errr price wise will be like Lexus IS250's range. [speechless][thumbsdown]

Went to test drive the new Q50 pre launch. Actually it is quite a good car to drive, 208 bhp, very curvy, nice interiors, Bose system, price $189,000.

Any bros had similar experience with Infiniti? They probably dont have local presence here, but heard it's their intention to bring this into mass market...

any comments?

• Praise 1

(edited)

same as or rebadge Nissan Skyline sold in Japan. During the test drive May 24th, the car did not performed to my satisfaction perhaps due to the heavy RFT. No peddle shift. Wife also commented that the rear seat are not as comfortable as compared to GS250.

It is equipped with the same engine as the current new Merc E250 and the coming C -class 2.0litre engine. However, slightly detuned to 320 nm instead of 350 that the Merc is having.

Two "iPad mini" screens with Navigation and other that can surf internet. Facebook etc.. One unique feature is all round cameras that provide 360 degree view of the car. It is useful for those like to park close to the kerbs or those worried about getting kerb rash on their lovely 18" shoes.

You have to pray hard that all these wonderful electronic gadgets can withstand our warm climate.

The offered price with an OMV is approximately 32K and I find it overpriced.

Got my deposit refunded recently and looking forward to check out the new 2014 C-class.

FYI, PI is offering the 2014 C-class between 175k to 190k depending on spec.

Edited by Whitemondeo
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Went to test drive the new Q50 pre launch. Actually it is quite a good car to drive, 208 bhp, very curvy, nice interiors, Bose system, price $189,000.

Any bros had similar experience with Infiniti? They probably dont have local presence here, but heard it's their intention to bring this into mass market...

any comments?

I would go for XF diesel anytime. heard this Q50 share a lot of parts with Nissan sibling. not premium

• Praise 1

I would go for XF diesel anytime. heard this Q50 share a lot of parts with Nissan sibling. not premium

Most Infiniti models shares many parts with Nissan. Even the Q50 Eau Rogue.

Lol, just cause it share parts with Nissan means not premium?

Would you buy a Nissan Skyline or a new Merc C Class base on the same price?

I think you just went off topic from my original statement. To answer your question, I probably will if the specs are higher.

THe poor resale of Infiniti puts me off everytime I think of getting something different (I change car every 2 or 3 years).

If you plan to drive for 10 years or so, it should be a good buy.

THe poor resale of Infiniti puts me off everytime I think of getting something different (I change car every 2 or 3 years).

If you plan to drive for 10 years or so, it should be a good buy.

True, generally depreciation loss is greater with rarer/niche cars.

So, if buy infinity, not wise to sell it very soon after.

btw Like your style - change car every 2-3 yrs [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Twincharged

C class for me. This car brand turn me off. Their new design look the same as the old one. Nothing new. Last time i am impressed but now no longer

Agreed,Mercedes Benz,a better class for the same amount of $$,Infiniti cannot sell if they followed BMW,Mercedes Benz or even Lexus's prices...only if they sold at Mazda 6,2.5L price,then it will move.

same as or rebadge Nissan Skyline sold in Japan. During the test drive May 24th, the car did not performed to my satisfaction perhaps due to the heavy RFT. No peddle shift. Wife also commented that the rear seat are not as comfortable as compared to GS250.

It is equipped with the same engine as the current new Merc E250 and the coming C -class 2.0litre engine. However, slightly detuned to 320 nm instead of 350 that the Merc is having.

Two "iPad mini" screens with Navigation and other that can surf internet. Facebook etc.. One unique feature is all round cameras that provide 360 degree view of the car. It is useful for those like to park close to the kerbs or those worried about getting kerb rash on their lovely 18" shoes.

You have to pray hard that all these wonderful electronic gadgets can withstand our warm climate.

The offered price with an OMV is approximately 32K and I find it overpriced.

Got my deposit refunded recently and looking forward to check out the new 2014 C-class.

FYI, PI is offering the 2014 C-class between 175k to 190k depending on spec.

Assuming the price is 189k, the OMV makes it poor value compared to the Jaguar XF (OMV about 50k, I believe). I'm actually quite interested in this car, as it would be a different choice, but Wearnes needs to make it a more compelling proposition.

• Praise 1

Assuming the price is 189k, the OMV makes it poor value compared to the Jaguar XF (OMV about 50k, I believe). I'm actually quite interested in this car, as it would be a different choice, but Wearnes needs to make it a more compelling proposition.

Just checked that the first batch launch will be sports version @$189k with OMV around $34k. Guess it is not really a good deal when compare with other similar makes. Wearnes got to lower its premium if it is serious to achieve a foothold in Singapore market for Infiniti.

Dear all car lover may I have any of your advice about Infiniti Q50 .

ThAnk you

it's 1st Infiniti small engine TC car, deserve special pay attention, and price 218k similar as C200 but much lower than IS250, ES250, GS250,

actually in USA market Infiniti enjoy equal popularity with Lexus, in Asia it is seriously underestimated

↡ Advertisement