Chery J3

Carnoob

Turbocharged

Priced at $86,000++ forgot the exact price.

Sound like an ok deal considering it has 4 wheels and can ferry people around. But whether can it last 10 year is questionable for a MIC car, even until now.

This is the cheapest new car in SG at the moment right?

Supercharged
(edited)

Sound like an ok deal considering it has 4 wheels and can ferry people around. But whether can it last 10 year is questionable for a MIC car, even until now.

This is the cheapest new car in SG at the moment right?

Yup I guess so... there's always a beginning... KIA and Hyundai started out somewhere too...

Edited by Carnoob

Turbocharged
(edited)

Yup I guess so... there's always a beginning... KIA and Hyundai started out somewhere too...

The thing about Hyundai and Kia is they still have the dignity to make their own stuff instead of copying.

Korean Car companies have backing from US (GM) and Mazda in the 90s where they learn a think or two.

As for China, their sole focus is still to earn money able anything elseand unless they change their corporate culture, social responsibility and mindset as a collective society, the global stigma that China=Cheap Knock off will remain for generations to come.

I can see they are improving (eg Xiaomi doing their part in global conservation by using 100% recycleable materials for their packaging) but still not at the pace we expected them to be. Until my China colleagues start praising their own brand instead of buying their home-made VW, they are fighting an uphill task.

Anyway for those who really need a NEW car that is cheap might want to look at this.

Edited by Pocus

Supercharged

post-113529-0-44436100-1405388499_thumb.jpgpost-113529-0-41974000-1405388708_thumb.jpg

I dun know but saw in weekend papers ST that it is selling $86k++, backside looks a bit like ford focus or Hyundai i30...

Supercharged

Definitely hard to sell. Might as well buy used bnb car. The quality is also questionable. A Luxgen would probably sell better.

Luxgen is sold in SG meh ??

• Praise 1

Luxgen is sold in SG meh ??

No leh. But if they were to be sold here, it'll most likely sell better. Slightly more expensive but safer and have lots of electronic nannies onboard.

The AD so confident that people would use a 60k coe on a Chery?

this car in China price only RMB60k (S$12k),

do you think any one whoever has friends or relavtives in China will buy this car?