Philips Whitevision 4100K Halogen Headlight

Divers

Hi all,

Saw this advertisement. Anyone on this headlights already. New product from Philips.

Philips WhiteVision: maximum whiteness, ultimate brightness

The new Philips WhiteVision halogen headlamp delivers an intense, white light with up to 4100K color temperature, 20% whiter light for ultimate style, and 40% more light* on the road for increased visibility and maximum safety.

With its unique lighting signature together with the exclusive coating technologyTM coating and stylish blue cap, Philips WhiteVision makes your car stand out from the crowd.

The new high-performance burner and UV-blocking quartz glass^ offers the brightest lighting performance you've been looking for.

WhiteVision is a fully homologated, road-legal, powerful white light headlamp created by Philips, renowned for the most innovative and technologically advanced automotive lighting solutions for the past 100 years. Its high-quality lighting products make Philips the choice of all major car manufacturers worldwide.

.http://www.philips.com.sg/e/whitevision/home.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asHMnMJAtLg&feature=youtu.be

Edited by BabyBlade
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Being able to see further might be a possibility but I'm a fan of HID so regardless of how bright this bulb is it can't quite match up to the throw length of a factory HID system.

• Praise 1

probably not LTA -approved and +40% is nothing to shout about.

I don't see why it shouldn't be LTA approved. It's not like you converted your car's stock lighting system to HID.

During inspection at STA, even if your stock HID bulb has been replaced with a 5-6000k bulb, they don't care. Brought my other car for inspection recently. No issues passing.

As long as the bulb isn't HID, the whiteness won't vary drastically. These normal halogen bulbs which have a blue tint to achieve a whiter light is similar to how some girls with tiny A cups wear a damn thick padded bra making it look like they got C cups. Bottom line, these philips bulbs don't impress me.

The old Vision Plus bulbs are brighter at 60% more light though not "white". I fixed them to my car and even transferred to another one. They last a long long time.

The so-call White bulbs are created using a blue coating on the glass which in fact reduces the light output compared to a clear bulb.

• Praise 1

Some halogen bulbs has blue tint covering the entire bulb which gives it the white or blue-ish effect. This whitevision is slightly tinted. At 4100K I think it's not totally white. It's still orange in colour but with a whiter effect. It has to be at least 6000K to have the white light effect.

No point lah.

30279I0MZSH7MLPQ.jpg

I'm using the Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited, it claims to have up to 110% more light LoL... 40 meters longer throw. Colour temperature up to 4000K.

To me it's better dan my stock headlight bulbs. Colour is less orange but still orange with whiter effect. It's brighter dan stock and the throw is further.

$45 a pair. Slightly cheaper dan the Philips equivalent.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Some halogen bulbs has blue tint covering the entire bulb which gives it the white or blue-ish effect. This whitevision is slightly tinted. At 4100K I think it's not totally white. It's still orange in colour but with a whiter effect. It has to be at least 6000K to have the white light effect.

No point lah.

30279I0MZSH7MLPQ.jpg

I'm using the Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited, it claims to have up to 110% more light LoL... 40 meters longer throw. Colour temperature up to 4000K.

To me it's better dan my stock headlight bulbs. Colour is less orange but still orange with whiter effect. It's brighter dan stock and the throw is further.

$45 a pair. Slightly cheaper dan the Philips equivalent.

hi Watwheels, where did u buy your Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited? $45 is very affordable and i might wanna buy also. Do u mind to share? Thanks

• Praise 1

hi Watwheels, where did u buy your Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited? $45 is very affordable and i might wanna buy also. Do u mind to share? Thanks

MX trading at Ubi Ave.

MX trading at Ubi Ave.

Thanks Watwheels for the prompt reply.

Edited by Edca

MX trading at Ubi Ave.

They are also using the Ring Halogen Headlight. Colour also around 4000k and claimed to be 120% more bright.

I got my H7 set for $55.

I still feel that HID would provide you with the maximum brightness and provides the best light throw so far.

No matter how much all these halogen advertise on how good they are, HID is the way to go.

But please remember to adjust your lens after installing HID to avoid unneccessary glare to others.

It's because people don't adjust their lens after installing HID, the light just gets thrown all around and blinding people.

HID is not all bad.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

No matter how much all these halogen advertise on how good they are, HID is the way to go.

every father / mother / son oso know HID > Halogen lah,

but illegal to retrofit mah...

I'm not sure if it is my car's electrical problem or not but the Philips Whitevision bulbs did not last very long on my car. 1 failed/burnt in 4 months and t other after 6 months of use. Maybe I drive a lot in the dark.

Now back to stock bulbs and these are t ones from when my car was new, 2008.

• Praise 1

(edited)

I'm not sure if it is my car's electrical problem or not but the Philips Whitevision bulbs did not last very long on my car. 1 failed/burnt in 4 months and t other after 6 months of use. Maybe I drive a lot in the dark.

Currently I am on diamond vision. Last quite long . One year plus already. However the throw can't really make it. Also, I don't like the colour. To me it's a bit blue. I would prefer a pure white.

Diamond is 5000k. So I am looking towards 4000 to 4500.

Edited by Divers
  • Praise 1

Currently I am on diamond vision. Last quite long . One year plus already. However the throw can't really make it. Also, I don't like the colour. To me it's a bit blue. I would prefer a pure white.

Diamond vision is not good. Especially during heavy downpour at night. Cannot see any lane marking. Last time I used it for a few month and change to Extreme Vision.

• Praise 1

The bulb has a very dark blue tint attempting to create a bluish feel to the bulb. This is because the bulb originally outputs yellow light but Philips wants to create a bulb that outputs blue/white light. As a result the light throw is significantly compromised as a result.

• Praise 1

Ya I also stopped using those claimed XXX% BRIGHTER. I doubt its genuine.

I now back to stock Halogen n they r about the same. Also stock eassily last a few years.

I find even those Philips Premium abt 20% brighter dun last as long.

And their CLAIM XX% brighter is Brighter than what?

They dun give a comparision so maybe not much difference at all. Just marketing hype.

Only using a LUX meter can we confirm these bulbs r really XX% brighter than stock. [sly]

I now using stock bulbs at <$10 each n they seem very bright. Comparable to my Vision Plus last timen more lasting too. [nod]

↡ Advertisement