Hit & Run - CSI trooper needed, and advice please

Hexxor

[bigcry]

My 1 year old Volvo got hit by Merc E-class Car plate SJH6886K while parked in NUH basement Carpark. Carparked properly in lot, and the Merc side hit my car while reversing. I super suay, the idiot didnt leave a number or contact, i thought CCBKNN the fcuker got away..... then an uncle suggested to go see Carpark security office.

I managed to get the security guys there to help me out. Manage to see the accident on video (they had like 100 plus camera there). I also got the carplate number and made police report. Also had side face photo of the fcuker.

I went to Volvo repairs (under my insurance panel AIG authorized workshop). I was told that I had 3 options

1. pay up front and don't claims insurance, otherwise my NCD get hit, and my excess is $1400 [knife] . Was quoted 3k to change front bumper and car plate. Maybe able to claims against the other car but need to pay own lawyer fee ~$500

2. claim own insurance, NCD get hit 30% and still need to pay excess and try to claim against the other party with lawyer.

3. wait for TP to sort out before repairing so don't have to pay out any money outfront. If no one caught or the other party dont make report, I cant claims.....

4. superglue repair myself. my car plate now using blue tac to glue back on :excl:[shakehead]

Any advice? Should i try other channels to get ppl to contact the owner to "persuade" him to make report and do the right thing?

[drivingcar] repair is 1 week - at least can get relief car :angry:

↡ Advertisement

[bigcry]

My 1 year old Volvo got hit by Merc E-class Car plate SJH6886K while parked in NUH basement Carpark. Carparked properly in lot, and the Merc side hit my car while reversing. I super suay, the idiot didnt leave a number or contact, i thought CCBKNN the fcuker got away..... then an uncle suggested to go see Carpark security office.

I managed to get the security guys there to help me out. Manage to see the accident on video (they had like 100 plus camera there). I also got the carplate number and made police report. Also had side face photo of the fcuker.

I went to Volvo repairs (under my insurance panel AIG authorized workshop). I was told that I had 3 options

1. pay up front and don't claims insurance, otherwise my NCD get hit, and my excess is $1400 [knife] . Was quoted 3k to change front bumper and car plate. Maybe able to claims against the other car but need to pay own lawyer fee ~$500

2. claim own insurance, NCD get hit 30% and still need to pay excess and try to claim against the other party with lawyer.

3. wait for TP to sort out before repairing so don't have to pay out any money outfront. If no one caught or the other party dont make report, I cant claims.....

4. superglue repair myself. my car plate now using blue tac to glue back on :excl:[shakehead]

Any advice? Should i try other channels to get ppl to contact the owner to "persuade" him to make report and do the right thing?

[drivingcar] repair is 1 week - at least can get relief car :angry:

I say pay 500 for lawyer advice. Anyway, pls don't use blue TAC, the heat will cause your plate to drop off. Later hit motorbike on highway. Quite dangerous.

• Praise 8

Why so irresponsible? When I reversed into my neighbour's car, I left a note informing him of the unfortunate incident and in the end, paid $350 for the repair. Minor scratches but he insisted on going back to AD for touch up, LLST lor (for me).

• Praise 7

(edited)

Some CSI

Rich man but behave like a crook, so irresponsible.....

Aiyo if he left contact details, i will just ask him for pay the carplate and minor touch up.

Now hit and run no mercy..... AD say change bumper oh.... 3k.... KNN

I dont mind just minor touch up at my car groomer, and change new plate.... cheap cheap.... now he made me upset and so much things to do, must make him pay......

post-128083-0-67504500-1417604238_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hexxor
  • Praise 1

seems like this el cheepo lo....gg scrap soon...idiot

to gain full public view, u can post photo at nuh or stomp..haha

• Praise 2

seems like this el cheepo lo....gg scrap soon...idiot

to gain full public view, u can post photo at nuh or stomp..haha

eh that one really low, i wont do that coz i work there, this guys can be my boss for all i know lol

eh that one really low, i wont do that coz i work there, this guys can be my boss for all i know lol

lol.....chk if hv decal lor...but this kind employee liddat?? wa lau

Manage to see the accident on video (they had like 100 plus camera there). I also got the carplate number and made police report. Also had side face photo of the fcuker.

4. superglue repair myself. my car plate now using blue tac to glue back on

Please pardon me for being a noob in car damage claims, but since we had paid the ins co to insure us, then wouldn't it be best to let them work for us? Why do we need to worry pay ourselves and sue the other party (the ins goes away scot free) or dun repair and wait for TP or DIY repairs ourselves?

Since the TS has the video evidence and face photo, would claim own ins to repair then let ins co get the full damages back with the photo evidence and we dun have to fret over repairing the car ourselves? For the NCD hit, then with the photo evidence here then we should not be afraid and the NCD should not be affected as its 100% not our fault? Worry that it will take too long?

Kindly enlighten me on this... Thanks! :mellow:

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Why so irresponsible? When I reversed into my neighbour's car, I left a note informing him of the unfortunate incident and in the end, paid $350 for the repair. Minor scratches but he insisted on going back to AD for touch up, LLST lor (for me).

Bro u commendable but pple owning up to such incident are rare.

Please pardon me for being a noob in car damage claims, but since we had paid the ins co to insure us, then wouldn't it be best to let them work for us? Why do we need to worry pay ourselves and sue the other party (the ins goes away scot free) or dun repair and wait for TP or DIY repairs ourselves?

Since the TS has the video evidence and face photo, would claim own ins to repair then let ins co get the full damages back with the photo evidence and we dun have to fret over repairing the car ourselves? For the NCD hit, then with the photo evidence here then we should not be afraid and the NCD should not be affected as its 100% not our fault? Worry that it will take too long?

Kindly enlighten me on this... Thanks! :mellow:

Insurance claim agent say want fast pay yourself and claim own insurance. Sg accident victim pay, the other party if dont want to report cannot do anything...... many previous thread already mention.....

I beh song "lawyar" fee also i must pay KNN. Have to wait for insurance and TP to get back to me, at least 1-2 weeks, then paperwork, car go workshop, nay beh, really will take months to settle....

If it's not your fault(which is obviously not) , dun worry about your excess and NCD, as 100% of repair cost will be imposed on that idiot's insurance company. Like other bro said, we paid so much to ins. Company, let them do their job.

If everytime got into accident which we aren't at fault, and we still need to worry about excess and NCD, then pay so much for insurance for what..

• Praise 6

If it's not your fault(which is obviously not) , dun worry about your excess and NCD, as 100% of repair cost will be imposed on that idiot's insurance company. Like other bro said, we paid so much to ins. Company, let them do their job.

If everytime got into accident which we aren't at fault, and we still need to worry about excess and NCD, then pay so much for insurance for what..

Yes bro,, you got the point exactly.. but TS also not wrong.. that's how our car ins work in SG.. victim kena hit still need to fret how to claim and wait so long.. lagi worse if the perpetuator dun wan to report then we LLST wait for our car to be repaired and compensated.. so much time wasted... something is wrong with this claims process... victims kena "run over" again and again so many times.. haiz...

• Praise 3

Ask the security if that car belongs to employee lor.

• Praise 1

Bro u commendable but pple owning up to such incident are rare.

I also did that - my "victim" didn't even repair van - second time It cost me small small amount

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I also did that - my "victim" didn't even repair van - second time It cost me small small amount

OK, u also deserve commendation... too bad I run out of Brownies.

Anyway, I wish we have more responsible drivers around. As victim, we will still feel good and in turn we shd not fleece the other party.

I guess that cld be why some pple don't own up if they dent other pple car.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

TS, did u video the video footage for evidence?

Use it in your police report and it should be a hit and run, an offense.

You should report to your insurance the incident, but I think u can tell them u are not claiming your insurance but the other party, and thus, won't affect your ncd.

Since u reported yours, your insurance company would contact the other side even if he likely won't make his report.

In the worse case scenario u can't claim, u will still be able to punish him by getting blacklisted from insurance cos he didn't follow the accident procedure of making a report.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4