Seat modifications

So_nice

Not sure if this is the right section..

My car (sedan) does not come with knockdown rear seats..may I know if it is possible to mod it to be knockdown ones? Or is it possible to mod another car's rear seat to fit my current one?

Also, I'm looking to install a pair of recaros from another model..where would you guys recommend to fabricate the railings and roughly wat are the cost and down time required?

Lastly I'm looking to freshen up the interior with new leather..any recommendation? Even those furniture workshops whom are experience in wrapping leather are welcome..

Thanks in advance and a great new year ahead! Huat ah

↡ Advertisement

Not sure if this is the right section..

My car (sedan) does not come with knockdown rear seats..may I know if it is possible to mod it to be knockdown ones? Or is it possible to mod another car's rear seat to fit my current one?

Also, I'm looking to install a pair of recaros from another model..where would you guys recommend to fabricate the railings and roughly wat are the cost and down time required?

Lastly I'm looking to freshen up the interior with new leather..any recommendation? Even those furniture workshops whom are experience in wrapping leather are welcome..

Thanks in advance and a great new year ahead! Huat ah

My previous car's rear seats also doesn't split/fold. It didn't bothered me as I dun frequent Ikea. Anyway having the hinges it will add a lot of weight to the car. For those hardcore ppl they will know when they remove their car's rear seats.

Look in those sponsored threads. I think members can get discount for re-doing their leather seats.

• Praise 2

Any shop able to modify my stock seats to seat lower and further back?

Some of the exhaust shops (Jeep Chee) can modify the railings or brackets to drop the seat height. For moving further back, the limit is with the max tilting angle that you want and also the thickness of your seat (semi- bucket reclinable or stock seat?).

I suggest to keep stock railing/bracket and to fabricate a new one to suit your needs. In case you prefer the stock height next time, can easily swap back.

• Praise 2

Some of the exhaust shops (Jeep Chee) can modify the railings or brackets to drop the seat height. For moving further back, the limit is with the max tilting angle that you want and also the thickness of your seat (semi- bucket reclinable or stock seat?).

I suggest to keep stock railing/bracket and to fabricate a new one to suit your needs. In case you prefer the stock height next time, can easily swap back.

Thanks for the heads up. At least now I know where to start looking.

I dont think I will swap back. Wana modify the stock seats for my COE car. 

what car did u get?

Toyota Allion  [laugh]

haha i would have thought a fielder, since u got so much barang barang for ur hobbies  [laugh]

Ok, for stock seats, there is a limit to how much height you can drop with the bracket (~5-10cm?) because the cushion of the stock seat is already very thick. There is more reduction in height if you change the bracket together with a semi-reclinable or full bucket racing seat but maybe not so comfy for a family sedan.

There are also many models of Recaros that came as stock or option seats on some performance cars (Integra Type R, Euro R, Megane RS, Mini JCW, JDM Odyssey) that you can explore.

Ok, for stock seats, there is a limit to how much height you can drop with the bracket (~5-10cm?) because the cushion of the stock seat is already very thick. There is more reduction in height if you change the bracket together with a semi-reclinable or full bucket racing seat but maybe not so comfy for a family sedan.

There are also many models of Recaros that came as stock or option seats on some performance cars (Integra Type R, Euro R, Megane RS, Mini JCW, JDM Odyssey) that you can explore.

Thanks. I dont wish to spend too much on the seat. So those Recaros, Sparco, Bride, etc.... is out. Very budget conscious as I am jobless.

I'm sure those car seat upholstery companies can modify (remove or replace) some material from the seat or back to enable you to sit lower and further back.

• Praise 1

I'm sure those car seat upholstery companies can modify (remove or replace) some material from the seat or back to enable you to sit lower and further back.

Oh ok. Any shop to recommend? I only know 8 cushion.

Oh ok. Any shop to recommend? I only know 8 cushion.

Sorry can't recommend cos I have not done it. Since you know 8 cushion you can ask them

Have you already found something? Am also looking

I went over to Jeep Chee to enquire and they do modify seats but is racing seats. The stock seats cannot be modified to be lower. One of the employee i spoke with ask me go and get a racing seat and they can install for me. $120 for installation. $200+ if need to include slider.

So i dont know if I should get any racing seat. I looked at carousell, the cheapest is SSCUS brand. Ard $400 per pair. But I also see brand new advertising at $550 with installation. So doesn't make sense to buy second hand and then bring to Jeep Chee to install.

Still considering what to do.

After much consideration, decided to just get new SCUSS racing seats. Really lowered to my comfortable driving position. However cannot push back the seat back enough to create more leg room. So for now, drive around and see how.

post-2654-0-38318600-1564732668_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-48061300-1564732694_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-46762100-1564732727_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-23721100-1564732747_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-12580400-1564732781_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Twincharged

After much consideration, decided to just get new SCUSS racing seats. Really lowered to my comfortable driving position. However cannot push back the seat back enough to create more leg room. So for now, drive around and see how.

attachicon.gif20190802_152241.jpg

attachicon.gif20190802_152232.jpg

attachicon.gif20190802_152039.jpg

attachicon.gif20190802_152211.jpg

attachicon.gif20190802_151939.jpg

changed to a toyota allion?

20190802_152241.jpg

20190802_152232.jpg

20190802_152039.jpg

20190802_152211.jpg

20190802_151939.jpg

Looks good. Important to get comfortable ones and installed at correct height so bones will not groan or creak too much getting in and out of ride.

Slider limited? Can modify to slide further back?

Thanks for sharing.

Safe ride

Cheers

↡ Advertisement