Upgrading stock horn

EstherLui

Want to get a better louder set of horns to replace the single pathetic stock one. Do I need to use the relay or do I just swap in the new ones?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Want to get a better louder set of horns to replace the single pathetic stock one. Do I need to use the relay or do I just swap in the new ones?

usually need to use a relay. That's what the workshop did when I changed to a hella horn fm stock

My query is whether the stock one is already connected to a relay. If so, it means that you don't need to install the relay that comes with the new horns right?

My query is whether the stock one is already connected to a relay. If so, it means that you don't need to install the relay that comes with the new horns right?

You will need to show us the photo of the stock horn wiring or a complete wiring diagram of the car to advise you whether the stock horn comes with relay.

You want to buy a pen, you must also let us know the specs. Like type of ink, colour required, rubber grip, cap type or click type.

At the very minimum, tells us the type of car you have or intend to install the horn. Then ppl with similar cars can advise you.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Need advice on where to buy & install Stebel Magnum II horn including the relay? 

What will be the likely costs?

Thanks.

Hi,

Need advice on where to buy & install Stebel Magnum II horn including the relay? 

What will be the likely costs?

Thanks.

old model but good.

is currently my primary horn. can try autotrend at tpy lor8.

look for ah wong. iirc about $40.

Hi, does anyone know of a reliable workshop to repair car horn? I put my steering straight, no sound. But I turn to left or right, then got sound when I press. I was told is spiral cable. So need to know roughly how much to replace. Thanks.

old model but good.

is currently my primary horn. can try autotrend at tpy lor8.

look for ah wong. iirc about $40.

Yes I agree with this. Have been using this horn for more than 8 years. Autotrend has it and I have just installed my horn with them.

Yes I agree with this. Have been using this horn for more than 8 years. Autotrend has it and I have just installed my horn with them.

The Stebel Magnum 2 horn in my previous Nissan Latio worked well for nearly 10 years and was still working well even when I scrap the car....never had a problem with it from day 1.

I may have to change my Vezel horn soon for this old but good model, :D

• Praise 3

The Stebel Magnum 2 horn in my previous Nissan Latio worked well for nearly 10 years and was still working well even when I scrap the car....never had a problem with it from day 1.

I may have to change my Vezel horn soon for this old but good model, :D

good horn, on my vios for 11 years already, still working good

• Praise 1

good horn, on my vios for 11 years already, still working good

+1 for Stebel in a Vios, I also used it till scrap, worked perfectly.

I never put upgrading horn in my list. We rarely use horn, unless you are driving in Malaysia..

Are you kidding? The only times I've used my horn have been in SG. I've almost never honked any vehicle up North. Because they generally know how to drive up there.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2