Puncture Proof Sealant

Damienic

The tyre shop that you go to for tyre replacements the next time will curse and swear when they remove your worn tyres from the rims

I installed sealant in a motorbike because I rode pass an area filled with metal and glass shards. It worked but the rim got corroded from the insides after a long while but that was cheap insurance compared to be stranded and having to leave my bike and risk being stolen.

Locally I installed into a bike after a first nail and i have removed 4 more foreign objects since. No puncture but I do top up the sealant just in case.

The downside is that it can block the tire valve a bit.

Cars I have not installed because sg roads are so good n there is steel belts in it but will consider doing so if going to deserted parts up north.

• Praise 5

Such product is most useful if it's designed for tube-fitted tyre as the messy stuff will then be contained within inside the inner tube w/o messing with the rims. Unfortunately, I doubt that it's designed for use on inner tube. Otherwise, it will be a ideal product for motorcross/scrambler bikes.

• Praise 4

From the responses posted, obviously there are people who do not understand how it works.

This kind of product is not meant as tyre repair kit, more as a pre-emptive product to prevent tyre punctures from happening at all. Go youtube to look at related videos and you will understand. Of course there is a caveat that the puncture diameter cannot be bigger than certain dimension, most commonly 5mm or 6mm, else the structural integrity of the tyre will be compromised.

First you will have to inject the tyres with certain tyre puncture repairing liquid, either by DIY or through workshop that provide such services. When a foreign object, such as a nail, become lodged in the tyre, the injected liquid in the tubeless tyre will prevent air from leaking. When the foreign object is removed, the liquid will be pressurised to flow outward to fill up the gap to stop air from escaping. There is no need to go workshop to repair the tyre at all. But of course if the puncture is bigger than the 6mm diameter or sidewall of tyres got hit, then have to replace the whole tyre as safety should not be compromised.

I am still thinking if want to go ahead under DIY. In the last 10 years, I have only encountered tyre punctures 3 times. As each repair cost only about $10, not really worth it as our roads here are relatively litter-free, unless thinking of going up north. I used to put a cheapo foot pump that cost only $10 as it had been proven to be able to pump up car tyres with significant leakage when puncture is not significant, and drive the car to nearest repair kiosk. Still thinking, haha.

• Praise 1

Thinking of it as the places that I work are filled with nails on the road, such as Tuas and Senoko/Woodlands area. I have gotten 3 times puncture in Tuas in 1 1/2 years and 4 times in Senoko in 3 1/2 years. Altogether, 7 times in 5 years. And out of these 7 times, 4 times are non repairable punctures, aka the serious type. I have spent thousands of dollars to replace tyres because of this before they are due for replacement

My last 2 cars were on run-flats and did not have any spare tyre, so when I switched to normal tyres I had a tyre sealant (Rideon) pumped in.

I was quite lucky not to have any punctures for years until one fine day a screw lodged itself in my front tyre. I was interested to see if the sealant really worked like in the advertisements and removed the screw carefully, drove to the petrol station to pump up the tyre and went on a long drive to let the sealant plug the hole. After driving for over 10km, the tyre was still leaking air [thumbsdown] , so had to admit defeat and bring it to a tyre shop for a tyre plug patch instead, which worked perfectly.

Now my current car also does not have a spare wheel, and I am not wasting money on these so-called sealants.

• Praise 1

I guess everything has a lifespan. The sealant probably will work within a year, deteriorated on 2nd year and by 3rd year, it's coming to end of life.

Edited by Kangadrool

Thinking of it as the places that I work are filled with nails on the road, such as Tuas and Senoko/Woodlands area. I have gotten 3 times puncture in Tuas in 1 1/2 years and 4 times in Senoko in 3 1/2 years. Altogether, 7 times in 5 years. And out of these 7 times, 4 times are non repairable punctures, aka the serious type. I have spent thousands of dollars to replace tyres because of this before they are due for replacement

bro, you should really consider applying the puncture proof sealant for your case.

frankly speaking I personally will not want to fill this in my tyre WHY

- it may affect the wheel balancing ( movable weight )

- it may cause chemical reaction with my tyre and my precious rim)

-cant check for any internal injury other than the punctured hole ,which could leak to sudden tyre lost of AIR (very dangerious especially on high speed )

If one really want to have temporary solution may consider a Product TYRE PANDO (instant tyre repair kit) from Threebond japan

it help you to seal your tyre hole with some pressure enough for you to travel to workshop for proper repair.

There are actually oem tires with this stuff coated inside straight out of factory

However available tire profiles are extremely limited and very costly as these tires are specified by the car maker for some of their models.

I guess tire manufacturers are reluctant to add this to all their tyres as it certainly will affect their top lines

frankly speaking I personally will not want to fill this in my tyre WHY

- it may affect the wheel balancing ( movable weight )

- it may cause chemical reaction with my tyre and my precious rim)

-cant check for any internal injury other than the punctured hole ,which could leak to sudden tyre lost of AIR (very dangerious especially on high speed )

If one really want to have temporary solution may consider a Product TYRE PANDO (instant tyre repair kit) from Threebond japan

it help you to seal your tyre hole with some pressure enough for you to travel to workshop for proper repair.

Depending on which brand of tyre sealant you use, 

the sealant is actually auto-balancing and it will coats the inner of your tyre. your rims won't be affected.

Why i know? i used it before on my bike and went >280km/hr. 

i have tried Ride-On and RhinoTire sealant before. 

However , take note that there have to be more than sufficient sealant pumped in so that it will be even and well coated. 

It works great for normal size screw or nails. 

For big holes punctures, nothing work better than the worm plug. 

For those who frequent construction sites and every so often get a screw/nail like my friend, I strongly recommended you to get ride-on or Rhinotire sealant into your tyres. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3eoh4Rx8Ec

thanks Zippaboy for sharing the video and info

this is first time see this

first I have to said your are braved to ride at 280km/h on punctured tyre , ( I wont do that at that speed when the tire being injured or repaird)

looks interesting that how they spray the sealant on the chamber of the tire , I supposed it has to re balance it after reinflated because addition uneven weight added on.( but I worry tire manufacturer may not allow this (mean tire warrant is no longer vaild)

just curious who is selling this in Singapore and cost for all 4 tires ?

cheers

I have installed it when I collected my car two weeks ago. Reason being my car doesn't comes with a spare tyre.

Got it from here:

http://www.hcgroup.com.sg/our-products/punctureproof.html

Price difference depending on tyre size.

Hoped the info helps.

Hi,

Can share what's your tyre size and how much u paid for it?

Which branch did you go to? Is it 17  Kim Chuan Terrace? 

Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement