Feedback for Additional Rear Aircon Installed

DM84

Hi all,

I would like to request of any car owners out there who had rear aircon installed for their Toyota Wish and so far how reliable it is and if it will drain off battery or shorten the compressor due to sharing between main and this additional rear unit?

Thanks a lot and appreciate!

↡ Advertisement

Hi all,

I would like to request of any car owners out there who had rear aircon installed for their Toyota Wish and so far how reliable it is and if it will drain off battery or shorten the compressor due to sharing between main and this additional rear unit?

Thanks a lot and appreciate!

from what i understand, it's just a blower that further distribute the aircon from the car front air-con vent to the back.

unless the third row is occupy often, i think most ppl can live w/o it.

toyota car are known for powerful aircon.

I do not think it's an additional aircon unit. It's merely an additional blower fan to draw the cooled air to the rear.

Just buy online from taobao or aliexpress and have it installed locally. I dunno whether there's a built-in fuse. Most like the installer will tap power from the overhead interior lights. I Google the pic, it looks like it has a switch. What you require is only a blower fan to draw cooled air from the front to the rear there's no need for an additional aircon unit.

1216505d1394215622-pics-rear-aircon-retr

The Wish after so many generations still do not come with rear aircon?

I do not think it's an additional aircon unit. It's merely an additional blower fan to draw the cooled air to the rear.

Just buy online from taobao or aliexpress and have it installed locally. I dunno whether there's a built-in fuse. Most like the installer will tap power from the overhead interior lights. I Google the pic, it looks like it has a switch. What you require is only a blower fan to draw cooled air from the front to the rear there's no need for an additional aircon unit.

Still on the WISH-list....

:XD:

• Praise 1

Looks cool. Bro, tao bao you say? What to search for?

Thanks Watwheels... I am aware of this...

Reason for asking was because also I get to know that there are some workshops which install additional evaporator and coil with aircon vents at the back row. So just wanna know if it is ok to have it done...

Btw, you are right, Toyota Wish does not come with any second row Aircon after all these years..... Not sure when will they actually incorporate this.... Hopefully the next facelift? *cross fingers*

Oh I see, I typed "blower" on qoo10 nothing came out.

Thank you for the link.

I have a 'taxi fan' and it looks funny in the car.

May I know what is the price of this? Also, I wonder how to clean when it get dirty inside the air vents.....

Edited by DM84