Short-term car rentals - Tribecar

Djcoolmax

Yes. That would be one of the major factors. We lack data on how many used vehicles are used for rental though its quite apparent with the use of Uber and GrabTaxi.

Actually this looks like a good idea, cos sometimes I only need to make short one way trips. MRT/bus take too long, taxi too expensive.

But I look at their website on how to sign up, very leceh leh. Still must attend talk.

Will wait until they expand to more cars and locations.

Supercharged

Actually this looks like a good idea, cos sometimes I only need to make short one way trips. MRT/bus take too long, taxi too expensive.

But I look at their website on how to sign up, very leceh leh. Still must attend talk.

Will wait until they expand to more cars and locations.

same sentiments.  it would be useful for my wife to rent it to pick or ferry the kids....and yes, to me, leceh to attend talk also

• Praise 1

same sentiments.  it would be useful for my wife to rent it to pick or ferry the kids....and yes, to me, leceh to attend talk also

I think the unfair part of this company is that they do not refund the remaining credits to customers upon termination. Personally, I do not think they have the right to hold customer's money like this.

What's fair in this world?

Since it is clearly stated in their terms and conditions, there is no dispute.

You can choose not to sign up if you don't agree, no?

I think the unfair part of this company is that they do not refund the remaining credits to customers upon termination. Personally, I do not think they have the right to hold customer's money like this.

What's fair in this world?

Since it is clearly stated in their terms and conditions, there is no dispute.

You can choose not to sign up if you don't agree, no?

True. I am just saying that this particular clause is unfair to customers.

I just mention this to remind those who are interested to sign up on this matter. Their top-up system only allows topping up of a fixed amount. They also do not allow booking into negative balance. Therefore, there is no way to use up the balance in the account upon termination.

Say, Ezlink, nets flashpay, cashcard, all these can refund customers upon termination of the card.

• Praise 1

True. I am just saying that this particular clause is unfair to customers.

I just mention this to remind those who are interested to sign up on this matter. Their top-up system only allows topping up of a fixed amount. They also do not allow booking into negative balance. Therefore, there is no way to use up the balance in the account upon termination.

Say, Ezlink, nets flashpay, cashcard, all these can refund customers upon termination of the card.

a few of the car sharing program have the same clause for prepaid credit, and have expiry date for the prepaid amount.

I agree this is quite unfair hence user have to read and understand the clause before signing.

a few of the car sharing program have the same clause for prepaid credit, and have expiry date for the prepaid amount.

I agree this is quite unfair hence user have to read and understand the clause before signing.

I checked all the five car sharing companies in Singapore, as shown in LTA website. For car club, icarclub and smove, they charge individual reservations to credit cards and no pre-payment is needed. For Whizzcar, they do not mention their policy on this in their website. Thus, as of now, only Tribecar has this unfair clause.

They can easily implement something to get over this issue, such as allowing topping up of specific amount, or charging reservations to credit cards separately as what other companies are doing, or allowing booking till negative balance to a certain threshold. Let's see whether they are willing to serve their customers better.

Neutral Newbie

i rented from them for just one hour, purpose to fetch my wife and child from her workplace and childcare respectively. i noticed some warning lights upon collection and called their hotline many many times. there was no answer.

relating similar experience in which there's also warning lights and messages such as "low oil pressure" showing on the dashboard when i was driving the car, i proceed to move off with my intention while still trying to get through to their line. finally, some FT answered and listened to all my complains. she informed me that the car has been undergoing maintenance on schedule and that it is not time for its maintenance yet as there's still long way to go (in terms of following mileage covered) and still some months to clear (in terms of following next servicing date). so I asked her if I should parked the car on one side or what?

she informed me to take a video recording of the loud noises made upon movement of the car so that she can escalate it to their management. so that was exactly what I did and while at it, the car broke down. i wrote in to them asking for a compensation. they replied with a claim for car damages and rental losses instead. of course, i'm flared up. there were several email exchanges in which in the 3 replies, they are nothing but lies and attempts to make it sound like im really the one who caused the damage.

after about a week or two, they proceed to deduct more than $1000 without my approval from my bank card. afterwhich i send them a few emails, and there were just no replies. I went to CASE who took up the matter but informed me that as they are not a government agency, Tribecar is therefore not obliged to reply. nevertheless, CASE did send them a letter and again Tribecar replied with their ridiculous comments pointing the finger at me. by this time, Tribecar has suspend my account.

i went to pro bono and was advised that should i wish to proceed on, i should engage a lawyer and request the lawyer to write a letter of demand which will then cost more than how much i'm claiming from Tribecar. what will you do if you are in my shoes?

my question to them is simple. why didnt the support officer who picked up my call tell me to stop the car and top up the engine oil that can be found in the bonnet just like how another officer informed another Hirer that I happened to know who experienced the same situation? if she have done that, we can all savage the situation. and yet, they continue to point their finger at me.

to be honest, should there be other unfortunate Hirers reading this reply who are willing to share the cost of the lawyers' fee, i wouldnt mind going through the trouble to recover my money and bring justice back to world. at this point of time, i'm pretty sure Tribecar is confident that i wont bring up this matter knowing the fees that would be incurred.

my contact number is 91083414 should you feel the need to contact me for more information.

thanks for reading and do share this post with your family, friends and colleagues so as to alert them wrt Tribecar's terms and conditions.

i rented from them for just one hour, purpose to fetch my wife and child from her workplace and childcare respectively. i noticed some warning lights upon collection and called their hotline many many times. there was no answer.

relating similar experience in which there's also warning lights and messages such as "low oil pressure" showing on the dashboard when i was driving the car, i proceed to move off with my intention while still trying to get through to their line. finally, some FT answered and listened to all my complains. she informed me that the car has been undergoing maintenance on schedule and that it is not time for its maintenance yet as there's still long way to go (in terms of following mileage covered) and still some months to clear (in terms of following next servicing date). so I asked her if I should parked the car on one side or what?

she informed me to take a video recording of the loud noises made upon movement of the car so that she can escalate it to their management. so that was exactly what I did and while at it, the car broke down. i wrote in to them asking for a compensation. they replied with a claim for car damages and rental losses instead. of course, i'm flared up. there were several email exchanges in which in the 3 replies, they are nothing but lies and attempts to make it sound like im really the one who caused the damage.

after about a week or two, they proceed to deduct more than $1000 without my approval from my bank card. afterwhich i send them a few emails, and there were just no replies. I went to CASE who took up the matter but informed me that as they are not a government agency, Tribecar is therefore not obliged to reply. nevertheless, CASE did send them a letter and again Tribecar replied with their ridiculous comments pointing the finger at me. by this time, Tribecar has suspend my account.

i went to pro bono and was advised that should i wish to proceed on, i should engage a lawyer and request the lawyer to write a letter of demand which will then cost more than how much i'm claiming from Tribecar. what will you do if you are in my shoes?

my question to them is simple. why didnt the support officer who picked up my call tell me to stop the car and top up the engine oil that can be found in the bonnet just like how another officer informed another Hirer that I happened to know who experienced the same situation? if she have done that, we can all savage the situation. and yet, they continue to point their finger at me.

to be honest, should there be other unfortunate Hirers reading this reply who are willing to share the cost of the lawyers' fee, i wouldnt mind going through the trouble to recover my money and bring justice back to world. at this point of time, i'm pretty sure Tribecar is confident that i wont bring up this matter knowing the fees that would be incurred.

my contact number is 91083414 should you feel the need to contact me for more information.

thanks for reading and do share this post with your family, friends and colleagues so as to alert them wrt Tribecar's terms and conditions.

If the car was sorry popping out errors before you moved off, why continue driving it? Tribecar has one of the worst car fleet in terms of maintenance.

Neutral Newbie

Pretty good point. I continued to move off because i thought its "normal" as previously also, such warning lights appeared but i managed to drive the car for the whole day without any problem. So i thought its normal for such cars to have those alerts. Im no car expert. The car wouldnt have brokedown if the support officer told to stop driving altogether after hearing my complains. Instead she told me to take a video recording as evidence that the car makes hell ofna noise when on the move so that she can escalate the matter to their management.if i know that it will cause the car to be damaged, i wouldnt continue driving, dont u think?

thanks for sharing, their standard of customer service is indeed appalling from the looks of it. unfortunately they are one of the cheapest around, this serves as a reminder to others to be extra careful when dealing with them, and also to remove the credit card linked to the account.

did you try posting on their Facebook?

Tribe cars fleet mostly those car going to scrap altis,lancer.

I kena once car very hard to start need crank many times. On the the dashboard previous renter pasted post it note to warn me. Reported but nothing done.

↡ Advertisement