Nakamichi Head Unit

Yysiong

Hey all,

Anyone familiar with Nakamichi HU?

Was quoted an upgrade to NA5010. Totally no info in this forum

Nakamichi is very good in Audio system or home but for cars I'm not sure, but Nakamichi has good speakers though.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Hey all,

Did you install?

Hey all,

Where did you gotten the unit quote from?

• Praise 1

Those headunit with retractable lcd is it durable?

Hi bro,

My advise is not to have those retractable panel - my kaput 1 and half years later.

A japanese audio brand.

• Praise 1

The Nakamichis you get out there now aren't the real Japanese Nakamichi audio systems you had in the early 90s. Some china company bought the brand and now you have a china company developing car stereos. So don't waste your time. Get pioneer or alpine.

FYI

By the end of 1990s, Nakamichi failed to transition properly. In 1998, it was acquired by Grande Holdings, a Chinese company based in Hong Kong. Grande Holdings included electronics companies Akai and Sansui. Niro Nakamichi left in 1998 to set up Mechanical Research Corporation. The company went into bankruptcy protection on February 19, 2002.[7] In Nakamichi's defense, many high end audio manufacturers were forced to merge or sell to larger holding companies during this time period partially influenced by the collapse of the Japanese "bubble economy"; such well known companies include McIntosh and Mark Levinson.[citation needed]

• Praise 1

The Nakamichis you get out there now aren't the real Japanese Nakamichi audio systems you had in the early 90s. Some china company bought the brand and now you have a china company developing car stereos. So don't waste your time. Get pioneer or alpine.

FYI

By the end of 1990s, Nakamichi failed to transition properly. In 1998, it was acquired by Grande Holdings, a Chinese company based in Hong Kong. Grande Holdings included electronics companies Akai and Sansui. Niro Nakamichi left in 1998 to set up Mechanical Research Corporation. The company went into bankruptcy protection on February 19, 2002.[7] In Nakamichi's defense, many high end audio manufacturers were forced to merge or sell to larger holding companies during this time period partially influenced by the collapse of the Japanese "bubble economy"; such well known companies include McIntosh and Mark Levinson.[citation needed]

I though McIntosh and ML is American

I though McIntosh and ML is American

They are. But what the extract from wikipedia is talking about is how the economic downturn affected other brands as well which may or may not be Japanese.