Xenon lights lifespan

Columbian78

Decide to start a new thread for xenon light lifespan even though there are a few threads when i searched but all are very old and not much info.

My Sylphy is 3 years old with stock factory xenon lamps. I remember when car was new, the light was very bright. Nowadays they seem much dimmer. From google and this forum, general tell tale signs of xenon bulbs dying are purplish tint and then blinking. Mine does not show such symptoms yet. However I would prefer to spend money to change them if they are now significantly dimmer instead of squeezing the last drop of life out them. I always drive with the main lights on even daytime, personal preference.

So I hope in this thread you guys can share how long your xenon lights last and needed to change.

Car model and the xenon lamp (factory stock or aftermarket) lifespan. How much was the replacement bulb, fom AD or outside workshop, stockist, etc

Edited by Lightsabre
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

previously my nissan presage had bi xenons...current car also and with bending light function

9 years for presage and 3 years for current car.....no issues at all

[:)]  

• Praise 1

So 9 years for the Presage and the bulbs never fail. Xenon known to last very long. Do you observed the light getting weaker through the years?

I just got quoted by tan chong for xenon bulb replacement. About $500 before gst for 1 piece, incl labour. So to change 1 pair is $1000 before gst. Sounds expensive.

previously my nissan presage had bi xenons...current car also and with bending light function

9 years for presage and 3 years for current car.....no issues at all

[:)]  

So 9 years for the Presage and the bulbs never fail. Xenon known to last very long. Do you observed the light getting weaker through the years?

I just got quoted by tan chong for xenon bulb replacement. About $500 before gst for 1 piece, incl labour. So to change 1 pair is $1000 before gst. Sounds expensive.

Check autobacs how much lor.

Juz get Philips standard should be good enough.

Thats mad. Buy online about 150 per piece for Osram or Philips original and DIY. They are quite easy to swap, no diff from swapping halogens really.

Xenons should last 1000+ hours.

One way they die faster is if you cycle them too fast by hot striking. e.g. switch off within 15-30 decs of switching on and/or switch on within 15-30 secs of switching off.

Edited by Ake109

i took over the presage on its 4th year and used it till the end of the 9th year

no issues at all...i don't believe previous owner changed the bulbs

light getting weaker ...also no

never thought xenons would fail.... by my own experience

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1