How do you maintain your white car?

Lmws214

Hi all,

Recently I spotted many white cars on the road. Seems that white is getting more popular.

Just thinking of those owners who own a white car. What I saw is that my neighbour washes his white Nissan three times a week. He told me that he send for car grooming once every six months.

How do you clean and/or maintain the white paintwork and any pointers to note or share please? White is not an easy colour to maintain. Hoping to learn more tips from white car owners. Cheers!

↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1

I have a white car. I wash once a week or every two weeks. Have not sent for grooming but plan to do so (got the car 8 months ago).

For scratches I used liquid paper. Colour does not match fully but not so bad. Hopefully after polishing will look better. And for places like car door handle and bowl I had it wrapped with vinyl wrap so scratches won't show there.

Edited by Philipkee

good tip on the vinyl wrap to prevent scratches, where to do the vinyl wrap please? How much does it cost? thank you

I have a white car. I wash once a week or every two weeks. Have not sent for grooming but plan to do so (got the car 8 months ago).

For scratches I used liquid paper. Colour does not match fully but not so bad. Hopefully after polishing will look better. And for places like car door handle and bowl I had it wrapped with vinyl wrap so scratches won't show there.

Not keen on washing car as from 9 years ago had a bout of Transient Global Amnesia after washing car.

So my white car is very dusty even though parked in MSCP.

Last wash was by KIA nearly 3 months ago.

Easy to find car in car park especially when parked next to sparkling Singapore cars.

good tip on the vinyl wrap to prevent scratches, where to do the vinyl wrap please? How much does it cost? thank you

Jj decal and sg garage. Over a hundred bucks for four door handles and four car door bowls. Not sure how much for entire bonnet for example but it cost me $60 for one banner on the windshield.
  • Praise 1

thank you.

Jj decal and sg garage. Over a hundred bucks for four door handles and four car door bowls. Not sure how much for entire bonnet for example but it cost me $60 for one banner on the windshield.

Have had White and Black, White is better and surprising looks less dirty than black

White when new and well maintained make the car look bigger and grander

How enduring it is, also depends on car model paint

Weekly simple cleaning will do.

If constantly under the sun and poorly maintained, the color will fade a bit

Otherwise, White is a decent color to have and easy color when it comes to resale.  

Hi all,

Recently I spotted many white cars on the road. Seems that white is getting more popular.

Just thinking of those owners who own a white car. What I saw is that my neighbour washes his white Nissan three times a week. He told me that he send for car grooming once every six months.

How do you clean and/or maintain the white paintwork and any pointers to note or share please? White is not an easy colour to maintain. Hoping to learn more tips from white car owners. Cheers!

• Praise 11

Have had White and Black, White is better and surprising looks less dirty than black

Otherwise, White is a decent color to have and easy color when it comes to resale.

Talking about colour for resale value, is silver an good colour?

TIA

• Praise 1

Thank you

Talking about colour for resale value, is silver an good colour?

TIA ð

yes, many silver cars on the road. the easiest colours to sell should be black, white, grey, silver. in terms of resale value, should not vary due to colour unless really obiang
  • Praise 1

Silver is a safe colour. You never go wrong with silver.

Thanks

yes, many silver cars on the road. the easiest colours to sell should be black, white, grey, silver. in terms of resale value, should not vary due to colour unless really obiang

Edited by Brass

Having had silver and white cars and now a black one. I think black is by far the hardest to maintain. Needless to say silver hardly needs any maintenance.

Black the water marks, dirt marks and swirl marks are very obvious.

Edited by Nyox
  • Praise 1

Agree.. Black really hard to maintain..

Edited by Buadongdong

It’s really difficult to maintain a White car esp self maintain n hence I think the only advice I can give is to get a good groomer to maintain it regularly. Some car paintwork are not very good like Honda n that means that u will need to perhaps do paint protection as well. Conti cars in general have better paintwork n this helps of course.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7